We spent time at the Victoria House in 2004 and 2005 and were ready to return. It was just as beautiful as it was before...with the addition of the new pool and villas!! Our room was Casita #1. We had stayed there for a night or two in 2005, but it would not have been our first choice for a casita this trip only because it is so close to the main pool and Palmilla and the resort was at full capacity. However, we did not have any complaints! The noise factor was not an issue at all; in fact, since we enjoy sitting by the main pool, it was the most convenient location if you needed something from the room! As before, the room was always well maintained! We received soap, towels, and other items each day or as needed.
The staff is amazing! No matter what he or she is there to do for the day, everyone always smiles and says hello or good morning or good night! From Marlin (who helped us to our room), to the dive shop to Roxy (who was always willing to take our order for drinks and snacks) to the wait staff to the bartenders to the gentlemen cleaning the beach to the ladies who cleaned our room, we did not encounter one person that did not make us feel welcome and relaxed.
The food was delicious! We both agreed that the food this trip was even better than it was in 2004 and 2005. We only ate lunch by the pool twice and dinner at Palmilla twice, but we could have eaten there many other times as there were several items on the menu that we wanted to try! (The grouper at Palmilla was really good!) We were fortunate that our trip began just before lobster season ended, so we had lobster everything for the first couple of days, including lobster ceviche, lobster tacos, and lobster quesadillas (all were great!).
Our previous stays were both in August, so we were concerned about the number of people that might be around since the VH was at full capacity. However, with the infinity pool and all of the excursions that people choose to do, we did not even notice a difference in the number of people.
We, once again, thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the VH! We have already begun planning our trip to Belize next year, and even though we plan to visit new places (Placencia or Roatan maybe) we will certainly spend several days back at the Victoria House! Thanks to everyone for another great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House Resort & Spa, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and TripAdvisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Victoria House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize
- Victoria San Pedro
- Victoria House Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro