This was our first stop on a trip where the itinerary also included Maya Beach and a remote Caye diving resort with over-water bungalows. The Victoria House was our favorite accommodation by far. From the moment we boarded the golf cart that was waiting for us at the airport, the service was impeccable. Our room was the picture of caribbean style. The grounds were immaculate - it is evident that they are meticulously maintained. Perfect amount of breeze (the other end of Ambergris can get quite windy) made laying by the pools heavenly. The beach was quiet and peaceful. There were fishing excursions available that departed from the resort's pier. We were strolling past as one was returning; a fellow was showing off the Barracuda he'd caught that day.
We did dine at the restaurant during our stay and had the most amazing Grouper; and, the chef sent out some interesting Iguana appetizers. I felt a little guilty eating one of the 'locals'; but, it was delicious!
Everyone should put this place on their 'bucket list'. We cannot wait to go back!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and TripAdvisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Victoria San Pedro