“Destination wedding perfection”

Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Fort Worth, Texas
“Destination wedding perfection”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I spent a week at VH in August 2013 and got married on the beach on the property. It was nothing less than stellar! If you want a relaxed, destination wedding, Javier and his crew take care of it all and you can sit back and relax with your guests. When we got engaged, I knew I wanted a beach wedding, and VH was the perfect place. We had 30 guests (all adults) and every one of them had an amazing vacation and celebration with us! Everything- the food, the Sangria, Rum Punch and Panty Rippas, the sweet ladies who took my dress and had it pressed when we arrived, wonderful service at the bars and restaurants, all was wonderful. We ate breakfast at the hotel every day and lunch and dinner in the bar area many times as well as the Pamilla restaurant a couple of times. We never got sick of the food and never had the same thing twice. The menus are very extensive. I also recommend the Palapa Bar on the North end of the island on Sundays for a fun day of drinking in inner tubes or at the bar over the water, they have a great burger, Elvi's Kitchen in town is amazing, and Hidden Treasure had the best chicken curry I've ever had and a really neat, outdoor dining room. It is super close to VH.

We went diving with the Bradley brothers and it was amazing. They are the BEST dive instructors and we felt very safe and taken care of.

If I could, I would get married here all over again! We are going back next summer with 2 other couples as a reunion because we loved it so much. We loved everything and can't wait to see all of the wonderful staff again and come back to paradise. We will be back, and I hope to make it a yearly trip!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexa R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon trip travel across the US, we were lucky enough to have friends who live on San Pedro so decided to have three nights here.
Our stay here was a honeymoon gift and what a gift it was, there absolutely nothing to fault at Victoria House. From the moment you arrive every need you have is taken care of. The staff from reception, waiting staff, cleaners and grounds keepers are so friendly and always greet you with a smile.
We were lucky enough to stay in one of the Casita, it could have not been more perfect. Fantastic double bed with mosquito net provided, luxury toiletries provided every day and a more than adequate bathroom with a high power shower. Having our own hammock to lay out in and just let the world pass by was fantastic, this place is so peaceful and relaxing. Wherever you go within the resort a member of staff will find you and without intruding will offer a full bar and restaurant service.
The quality of food served here is second to none, you would expect as this is a luxury resort to be paying a premium, by no means are the prices cheap but they are not as expensive as you would expect and compared to some of the restaurants in San Pedro town Victoria House is competitively priced.
You could very happily stay at Victoria House for a weeks holiday and never leave the resort, there are so many water activities offered at the hotel from snorkelling to full day fishing trips. It would be a shame however not to go out and explore the quirky town of San Pedro, its brightly coloured buildings and golf buggy cars really are a sight to b seen. There’s always something going on within the town. The local people are friendly and happy to pass a bit of time with you giving advice of where to go and what to see. Make sure you check out blue water restaurant for the Sushi nights – some of the best Sushi we’ve ever had! And a beautiful setting right on the beach in town.
We will definitely be planning our return to San Pedro and would look to return to Victoria House and would highly recommend it for anyone that is looking for a bit of luxury and a peaceful place to recharge and watch the world go by.

1 Thank EGardner2013
Ballymena, NI
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This place is amazing. Its as simple as that. Myself and my wife are from N.Ireland and wanted a luxurious, romantic, chilled-out wedding in the perfect setting. And Victoria House definitely delivered and more. We chose Belize because of its reputation for sandy beaches and friendly people with Mayan culture, and it didn't dissappoint. (If you decide on Belize, incorporating a visit to Mayan ruins is a must)
I'll admit from the outset we are not well traveled but VH amazed us. We arrived at midday in 30 degree heat and as we walked in with Manny who greeted us and talked us through everything, we were taken aback by the actual beauty of the place. My photos or the professional ones dont do it justice.
Our Stateroom was spotless, had a very comfy bed, great a/c and great spacious shower in the b/room. No tv - you dont need one.
Food was gorgeous, cannot fault it - breakfast is delicious!!
The biggest pro has to be the people who work there though. And the service! The staff seemed to love their jobs, always smiling, friendly and attentive. 'This in itself made our stay and wedding here perfect'. You feel comfortable here, almost at home. Big thanks to Julio, Justin, Tony, Roxy, Miguel...everyone else! Esp. to Javier Williams who gave us the wedding we dreamed of. The owners and mangers there too, all lovely people.
The Bar was the highlight at night. Great atmosphere, you make friends with guests and barstaff are great, Julio was the life and soul. Pina coladas and S. Daquiris were the best we had had. And after 10 am, you can be lounging on the beach somewhere distant, the barstaff without intruding, find you and ask you would you like a drink? Cocktails at that time, why not?
San Pedro the town is colourful, always something happening - you have to visit. But then you dont need to leave the resort, its that good. Lots of activities like snorkeling, shark ray alley is an experience, and lots more.
Come here for the people though, in the perfect setting the customer service is what makes people come back. Lots of guests had stayed before - VH is the only place to stay they said. We agree.
Will definitely be returning!
It is very expensive, but you pay for luxury! What you get out of here outweighs the price. We loved our whole experience and we absolutely love our wedding here. The Laid back, friendly Belize culture is opitimised here.
You will love it!
John & Lauren

Room Tip: Although very adequate and as luxury as you would expect, Staterooms are above the main building and...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John B
Ballena, Costa Rica
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We arrived after a long flight from Costa Rica, from the moment we got off the small plane from Belize City to our Casita to the bar/restaurant we were so impressed. Our first night we had dinner and drinks in the bar as we arrived just at dusk. The bar tender was so informative about Rums, the Resort, and the Island - that night was a full moon and we enjoyed just sitting on the white sand enjoying our evening. The Casita is very nice, the bed was so comfortable, the bathrooms were nicely upgraded.
We spent 6 nights at Victoria House - rented a golf cart to get into town, went fishing and snorkeling from their dock. The boat guide was so awesome we used him each time we went out on the water.
The entire staff was so nice and it was pretty much what ever we needed or wanted they were there for us.
It seems that everywhere we went on the island everyone was pleasant, happy and we felt very comfortable. We will be back, sooner then later I hope.
I would highly recommend Victoria House for your next stay in San Pedro.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I've been coming to Victoria House for over 20 years (!) It is one of my favorite places in all the world. This place has been more than just a vacation destination for me. It's where my husband and I honeymooned; it's where I go when I just need a break from the world; and it's also been a place of healing during difficult times in my life. It's one of those places where the rest of the world and all of it's stressors seem to drift far away from you and you're allowed to just feel pure happiness. The awesome pina coladas help ;)

I'm happy to say that I know the staff more personally now, after going year after year. They are amazing and warm people who make VH the wonderful place that it is. A big shout out to Tony, Roxy, Justin, and Miguel...we will look forward to seeing y'all again on our next trip!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbtravel504
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2013

With it's beautiful grounds, laid back staff, and wonderful tropical breezes, Victoria House is the perfect place to experience "Belize Time". The view from the pool makes all of your tension fade away the second you walk through the lobby and onto the grounds. Attentive wait staff are at the ready to make any wish come true. We stayed for four nights and loved each and every one of them. Victoria House is an amazing experience that I'd highly recommend to anyone.

1 Thank Jim A
Lake Zurich, Illinois
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am still daydreaming of the amazing week spent at Victoria House! My expectations far surpassed what I could have ever imagined.This was my first time to Ambergris Caye and Belize! When we first arrived I was speechless. Beautiful is an understatement! Being right on the sea was heaven for me. When I first put my foot onto the grounds I was impressed. The staff were a 10/10 from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. Couldn't have asked for better service! It was truly paradise for me. I have never felt more relaxed in my life. There was great pool time - there are two -both of which were beautifully clean and had great water temps. The food was out of this world-I didn't plan on eating so much, but couldn't help myself. I would recommend everything on the menu (believe me I think we tried it all)! There were activities to do if you wanted and if not, peaceful time to relax. The people we met have become friends, and having been on many vacations this is the first time I could say that. If you are even considering going to Ambergris Caye - I would recommend you stay no other place than Victoria House!

Room Tip: Not a bad room/house on the grounds, you'll be lucky to just be there!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends