My husband and I spent a week at VH in August 2013 and got married on the beach on the property. It was nothing less than stellar! If you want a relaxed, destination wedding, Javier and his crew take care of it all and you can sit back and relax with your guests. When we got engaged, I knew I wanted a beach wedding, and VH was the perfect place. We had 30 guests (all adults) and every one of them had an amazing vacation and celebration with us! Everything- the food, the Sangria, Rum Punch and Panty Rippas, the sweet ladies who took my dress and had it pressed when we arrived, wonderful service at the bars and restaurants, all was wonderful. We ate breakfast at the hotel every day and lunch and dinner in the bar area many times as well as the Pamilla restaurant a couple of times. We never got sick of the food and never had the same thing twice. The menus are very extensive. I also recommend the Palapa Bar on the North end of the island on Sundays for a fun day of drinking in inner tubes or at the bar over the water, they have a great burger, Elvi's Kitchen in town is amazing, and Hidden Treasure had the best chicken curry I've ever had and a really neat, outdoor dining room. It is super close to VH.
We went diving with the Bradley brothers and it was amazing. They are the BEST dive instructors and we felt very safe and taken care of.
If I could, I would get married here all over again! We are going back next summer with 2 other couples as a reunion because we loved it so much. We loved everything and can't wait to see all of the wonderful staff again and come back to paradise. We will be back, and I hope to make it a yearly trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and TripAdvisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Victoria San Pedro