Husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in early September as part of our belated honeymoon. The property itself is picturesque, well maintained, and could not have been more serene. The location is at the far end of the island, but it's a small island - so the trek to downtown was not bad; it's a nice bike ride on their free bikes!
We did have one small imperfect moment in an otherwise great stay: My husband had worked with the front desk to make a reservation at one of the nicer restaurants on the island, and had made arrangements for them to send a car. We wound up having to cancel because I had a killer migraine that left me nauseous and bed-ridden. When he went to cancel the dinner, the front desk suggested that the restaurant send up some chicken soup to the room. My husband thought it was a nice gesture and said ok. We were surprised to see the soup on the bill when we checked out, given that they had suggested sending it up in the first place. Not a big deal, but surprising - it left us feeling a bit nickle-and-dimed, esp given that the rooms are not cheap and we had already spent $500 USD on food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House Resort & Spa, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and TripAdvisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Victoria House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize
- Victoria San Pedro
- Victoria House Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro