“Honeymoon at the Victoria House”

Victoria House Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Victoria House after getting married in Cancun. It's a very cute and romantic hotel. We loved it! It's a little bit far from the center of town but worth the walk if you want to explore. If not, you can borrow a bike or take a cab for five dollars. Everyone gets around by golf cart and even the hotel has some so they may give you a ride to your destination. The food and alcohol are a bit pricey at the hotel but very good. Our last night, we reserved the pier for a private dinner and it was absolutely amazing, I highly recommend it if you're celebrating a special occasion or feel like splurging. June is the start of lobster season so be sure to indulge, as we did. Our first day there we borrowed kayaks and snorkeling gear and hung out around the hotel, there was plenty to see and do there. We had the hotel then book our snorkeling trip for the next day. Very friendly staff and clean hotel. The only thing we didn't have was a TV which didn't bother us and may be standard. If you don't like the ocean it had two pools that you can enjoy as well.

Room Tip: Go during their off-season and they might upgrade you for free.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorena Z
Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a typical "resort", beachfront. It has spacious rooms, comfortable beds, efficient service, pleasant surroundings. Being a resort, it does not have a special character but what it claims to be, it does well. Food is just good and nothing special.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Feyzi E
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Victoria House was the best of both worlds...not too far from town but far enough to be quiet and peaceful. Food was outstanding, even traditionally American dishes like nachos and sliders were some of the best we have ever had. We enjoyed the choice of two pools depending on the day, and were so pleased with our little casita as our room choice. The massage over the water that was part of our package was the first vacation massage that has ever exceeded expectations.

Two things we discovered while there that were nice: complimentary golf cart into town 4 times daily. Also, you can bring your own bottle to dinner at the restaurant and just pay a corking fee ($10, I believe).

It would be nice to have comlimentary coffee either in the rooms or available at reception or the bar, but that's about my only complaint!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Trip was for my honeymoon, paid in full but wedding called off. Had to use it or lose it. So I nervously went solo.  And very glad I did.

Had a minor hiccup at check in and the first day but the management more than made up for it without me even asking for it.

The rooms were beautiful, the pool(s!) was oh so inviting. The location was incredible. Teal blue water on the beach, free bikes to use to ride into town, and what a cool town it is.

Waiters at the pool and even the beach taking orders for drinks. The restaurant serves great food, but be sure and check out some local spots like Elvis's Kitchen and El Fagon.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. It's got a very romantic vibe. So glad I came.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lifeandmylens
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My new husband and I stayed here for our Honeymoon in June 2014. We stayed in a casita near the infinite pool. The property and room were beautiful! It was quiet, private and peaceful. The food was excellent and the staff was attentive. Everything was perfect! Would definitely recommend and will be returning soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in both a casita and plantation room. Both were beautiful but the benefit of the casita wa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We recently stayed at Victoria House for 4 nights on our honeymoon. The pools and outdoors are beautifully maintained and the hotel has a great beachfront. The food at the hotel was quite good (not amazing, but very good compared with other food we have had in Belize).
My only complaint about the hotel was that the internet was terrible. Only one or two apps on my ipad worked, and the internet browser (safari) would not work. I asked if there was another connection or password and was repeatedly told no. It wasn't until my last night that I discovered they do, in fact, have a different password and connection in their restaurant which does work. The staff told us internet was down everywhere, however each time we went into town it worked perfectly at ALL other establishments. I think they need a new router. Their comment was "you're on vacation, you don't need!" While this is partially true, if you need to conduct any work business (which I did), you won't be able. They do have a computer you can use in their gift shop apparently. We are currently in Cay caulker and the internet works just fine (how I am able to write this review). Again, loved Victoria House, just wish they could fix their internet routers, or else don't tell guests that the hotel has wifi!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BrentKirkman, General Manager at Victoria House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Einsteincat,

Thanks for making Victoria House a part of your honeymoon voyage.

I’m sorry to hear that internet connectivity issues marred your experience. Normally, while internet speeds in Belize do not compare at all well to those available in your part of the world (our complimentary guest wifi is an 8 mbps service, the highest available locally), the service from our ISP is satisfactory.

During your stay unfortunately, there actually were sporadic, country-wide internet service issues due to a documented server problem experienced by this same ISP. While this may be cold comfort to you now, I can assure you that you were not alone in your frustration nor were you being mislead about the situation. The provider – Belize Telecommunications Limited – advises it’s customers that the situation is now under control, and we all certainly hope that this is the case.

As you note, we do have a wifi access point in our dining room which is connected to the same router that provides signal to the other access points on our property. The password is the same for the entire property, and I’m sorry to hear that there was some confusion over this.

I trust you both had an extraordinary time in Belize, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best,

Brent Kirkman GM

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here several days after a few days in the jungle. The property is beautiful, the room was fantastic. We had no idea we had reserved such a huge, nice place! Gorgeous view of the ocean from our front porch, food was excellent and inviting pools. We rented a golf cart one day to ride around town and island, then took bicycles another day. Would definitely return here in a heartbeat.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple