VH is an amazing resort and I am saddened by some of the reviews I've read here from people who didn't like the place or had issues while there. We (my family and 14 others) leave for our 6th trip to Ambergris Caye next week and I cannot imagine staying anywhere else on the island. We stayed at a couple of private homes for our first and second trip down, and while they were nice, nothing compares to VH. The service is impeccable, the rooms are beautiful (especially the castias and infinity-edge suites) and the view is one of the most amazing on the whole island. My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary with a vow-renewal ceremony at VH right on the beach. The resort is used to planning weddings, but not renewals, however this has not stopped the staff (especially Javier and the chef) from bending over backwards to accommodate our needs for what we wanted. Many of our guests will be on the island for the first time and I know VH will not disappoint. Please trust me when I tell you that you get what you pay for on the island. Some places may be cheaper or more well-known, but as divers, we have been to almost all of the resorts to pick up other divers and non have impressed us as much as VH. You feel totally secluded and safe, but are easily a short golf cart ride away from town when you are ready to go out. And, do not leave VH without eating their amazing homemade coconut ice cream that comes with a peanut butter cookie crisp - it is heavenly!
All in all, this resort will have all you need to relax or do whatever you want in an amazing setting that is very romantic, yet also family friendly. Each time we go back, they still remember us by name as many of the staff have been with the resort for a long time. Top notch and one of the best - hands down!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House Resort & Spa, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and TripAdvisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Victoria House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize
- Victoria San Pedro
- Victoria House Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro