In one word: fabulous, amazing, and incredible (ok, that’s three, you pick the one you want; they all work well!). The perfect honeymoon retreat! We arrived and were met at the airport by ‘Junior’ who took us and our bags on the 15 min ride to paradise! Everything is immaculate at Victoria House. The yards and beach are groomed daily, by a staff you hardly ever notice, but are always present. The views are wonderful. From the dock, we could see and snorkel with Electric and southern rays, and Green Moray Eels (who live next to the dock).
We arrived and asked for some last minute help arranging a wedding on the beach (it’s a long story…see our post on Barcelo Maya Palace). Javier jumped right in arranging everything. We were married on the beach just before sunset on our 6th day at the resort. He even somehow arranged for sunshine, and just enough of a breeze to keep down the pesky mosquitoes (don’t forget to take your bug spray of choice, ‘Off’ worked well for us). Javier arranged for a local minister to perform the marriage, as well as getting Carlos of ‘Carlos Cuts’ to do my wife’s hair and make-up. Carlos also did double duty as flower arranger extraordinaire. Carlos was fantastic, putting my wife’s beautiful hair in curls even in the tropic heat and humidity! Javier also arranged for Roy at Belicolor Photography to shoot our wedding. Roy did an excellent job delivering a CD with the pictures we chose (we chose just 36 of the well over 200 he shot!). We cannot too strongly recommend and thank Javier, Carlos and Roy for making our day special! Javier arranged for a private dinner on the beach for the two of us.
For SCUBA diving, as well as your other water sports needs, everything can be arranged by Luis at Fantasea Watersports (at the end of the Victoria House peer!) We strongly recommend Rene Barkley, who takes you out in his own home made boat, for a perfect diving experience. Rene and his brothers love the reef, are studious and very safe. Their boat was immaculate, clean and very safe: They made diving the incredible Belize Barrier Reef a pleasure! Nearly every dive we saw amazing reef fish as well as Nurse Sharks, Rays and turtles. We also recommend Amigos del Mar for a trip to the World Famous Blue Hole. Amigos took us out in very rough water in their 51’ twin inboard for the 3 hour trip. It was quite an experience! Safe and enjoyable, although both my wife and I felt the effects of Narcosis on the dive. The following two dives at Lighthouse Caye (Key) were fabulous. I even enjoyed snorkeling with the Nurse sharks and Southern Rays (and I hate to snorkel).
The food was fabulous, and the staff helped to make our stay great. My only disappointment was the lack of Cuban Cigars in the Humidor of the bar! They even opened up a room so we could watch the SuperBowl (don’t expect a TV or Phone in your room). At first, it seems expensive, but compared to the quality and quantity of food we received other places, it was a great deal. We just kept coming back for more! We ate most of our meals in the Admiral Nelson Bar, overlooking the water. Spectacular!!!!!
A wonderful place for our wedding! We look forward to coming back to celebrate an anniversary there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House Resort & Spa, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and TripAdvisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Victoria House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize
- Victoria San Pedro
- Victoria House Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro