We were searching for a place to unwind and connect with each other. Matachica fit the bill perfectly. After travelling most of the day it was nice to have a polite, punctual pick up at the airport. They called ahead and had our drinks waiting for us when we arrived. We were introduced to the staff and taken to our Deluxe Beachfront Casita. Our Casita "Pineapple" was beautiful. Perfectly clean. Just the right size for two and right on the beach. There are other units scattered throughout the property but we would recommend the beachfront because the cool air from the ocean really makes a difference. The units in the back seemed blocked off from the wind and the ocean. A bit more expensive, but well worth the extra $$. The food was good but not great. A decent selection for a short stay but might be a little short if you are staying for more than 5-6 days. The stuffed grouper was awesome but I had to wait until our last night to get it as they were always out. The staff is great! Polite. Seem to really want you to be happy. We took a snorkel tour to Holchan and Shark-ray Alley. Highly recommend! Great snorkeling! Charlie was our guide that day. He makes it really fun with his knowledge of the area and his fun personality. Ask for Charlie, you wont regret it! We also had massages after a couple days in the sun. The aloe gel they use feels great on the sunburns. The next time we need to unplug and get away we will be back to this little resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro