We had three quick days at this friendly, seaside resort. Had some bad luck with strong winds and a bit of rain, but still had a relaxing experience. The entire staff were exceptional and we loved our "Banana" palapa suite. Not exactly roughing it! A very nice continental breakfast was included and our dinners were excellent (grilled snapper, Carib lobster, etc). We were delighted with our stay, but not sure we would have enjoyed the remote location and solitude for an entire week. The unusual weather held us back from some kayaking and reef snorkeling, but we still had a memorable experience. Again .... great staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro