My wife and I just returned from Matachica yesterday. We were there for our honeymoon, and without hesitation, we both can say that we could not have made a better choice. First, the setting: if you have never been to Belize, stop everything you're doing and go there right now. It is without a doubt one of the world's most beautiful destinations. Between the Caribbean beaches and the tropic jungles, every possible view seems like a postcard unto itself. Second, the resort: My wife and I are normally the backpacking/hiking type, so we were a bit leery of a tropical beach vacation. However, the staff at Matachica made sure that our honeymoon package would gave us every opportunity to be active throughout the entire week. We went snorkeling at the barrier reef (saw sea turtles...it looked like an episode of Planet Earth...), hiked and visited Mayan ruins deep in the jungle, got a couples massage, and had free reign over sea kayaks, paddle boards, and even a small sail boat. Definitely not a 'sit on the beach with a Piña colada' kind of a week...although, we ended up doing plenty of that too...Third, and most significantly: the staff. The staff at Matachica are among the most responsive, most diligent, and most fun staff I have ever worked with. Special accolades go to Jonathan, Paola, Aby, and Reymundo. Watermelon (our room name) thanks you again for an amazing week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro