Matachica is the premier spot for your honeymoon in Belize. Situated about five miles north of San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, Matachica offers everything you want, need and expect from a beachfront resort. We stayed on a one week honeymoon package during the first week of October and it was nothing short of perfect. Opt for the beachfront casita and wake up every morning to the sun coming up over the Caribbean. Comfortable beds, beautiful showers and plenty of space for a couple. Relax on your personal beachfront lounge chairs or on the hammock in front of your casita, either ways it's picture perfect and very relaxing. The pool and hot tub are excellent. The excursions are exciting and well worth it. The honeymoon package offers a trip to Lamanai, deep in the jungle, as well as snorkeling and swimming with sharks at Hol Chan Marine Reserve along the world's second longest barrier reef. Take advantage of these awesome excursions as they are absolutely worth every penny!
Now to the most important part....food and booze! Matachica offers the best restaurant on the entire island. We were there for a week, breakfast and dinner every day. Every single meal was delicious and they made special accommodations for my vegetarian, gluten-intolerant wife (a challenge in the US). How do I know the Mambo restaurant was the best? Every night we saw boats arrive from other resorts dropping people off for dinner at Matachica.
The staff is excellent. English is widely spoken in Belize so there is no language barrier. The staff is very knowledgable about the island, the mainland and they are very, very friendly. They always went above and beyond to satisfy us and it was much appreciated throughout our stay.
If you are going to Belize and plan on going to Ambergris, Matachica is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro