My husband and I spent three nights here in August. Not nearly enough time! Post-wedding it was the perfect place to spoil ourselves, relax and enjoy what the resort had to offer. Truly idyllic my only regret is that we didn't stay longer. We had the banana room right in the back. I know other posts say that in the rainy/hot season there are a lot of mosquitos but we had no problems at all. The banana room was cool with the air conditioning at night and I didn't feel we missed anything by not having ocean front. In fact, it gave us more privacy being in the back.
Service was superb, grounds are lovely and our favourite was being able to kayak out to the reef to snorkel. Highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro