From the moment we stepped off the plane the airport, to when we walked onto the dock at Matachica, we knew we found the perfect place to stay. Matachica and their staff truly work hard to make sure their resort remains the best place to stay on the island. And believe me, it is.
My husband and i just ended a week at Matachica and the only negative thing I can say is that I now have the Matachica Blues - I miss it already!! We stayed for a week in a sea breeze suite, casita Lime, which could not have been more perfect. Our room was delightful with plenty of space, cool AC and a bed that was almost more comfortable than my own at home! Each afternoon it was so nice to come back, relax in the AC or swing in the hammock and read a book. Each casita just screams relaxation and welcomeness - I don't think there is a bad casita in the entire resort. Definitely check out the spa, we had a couples massage that was so peaceful and relaxing, I would have one every day if i could.
Although there are many activities to do, we were hard pressed to take us out of relaxation mode, we enjoyed the resort so much. We did however, book a snorkeling trip with Charlie, who was an absolutely fabulous host. He made sure everyone was near him while he pointed out all the beautiful sights to see underwater. Snorkeling at Hol Chan Marine Reserve was the best snorkeling I have ever seen, such beautiful colors and arrays of fish. Shark Ray Alley was also a must see - I have never seen so many nurse sharks or ever had the opportunity to swim with them.
We ventured into town a few times, the first was by bike and the second by boat, we stopped at Elvi's Kitchen for a wonderful bit to eat. The resort is five miles away from San Pedro and I never once wished we were closer. Majority of our days we ate at Mambo Restaurant, which was always so delicious. Everything you are served from the tortillas, fresh fish and baked goods are all homemade. Each meal we had was super fresh and more spectacular than the one before it. Our favorites were the guacamole, snapper on skewers, tequila fish tacos and whole roasted snapper. We only hope we can recreate some of the recipes at home. Also, make sure you sip on a coconut mojito with your dinner, its a perfect pairing.
While the resort is beautiful and the restaurant five stars, it is the staff that makes Matachica so special. Our entire stay, we felt and were treated like family, something my husband and I have never experienced while traveling abroad. Anita, Ever, Israel, Josecarlo, Sam and countless others were so kind and so helpful throughout our entire stay. To everyone at the resort, thank you for helping to make our vacation so wonderful. We can't wait to see you all again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro