From the moment we arrived on Ambergris Caye we were welcomed by Matachica employees. They took us by boat to the resort where we were met with a delicious drink (their drinks are very good). Our room was an awesome little hut complete with a hammock. We stayed in Coco which was more than big enough but we did not have the cross winds that the larger rooms had. We just left the AC on and it was fine. The food is pretty good as well but don't be afraid to venture off resort. There are some wonderful places to visit and great restaurants. There is a bar down the beach, Rojo Bar, that is SOOO FUN! The employees at Matachica are great. They will help you with absolutely anything you need. My husband loves to fish and caught tons of fish off the pier. If you choose Matachica, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, MrandMrsSmith and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro