“PERFECT LOCATION”
Review of Spindrift Hotel

Spindrift Hotel
Ranked #47 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We came back to Pedro for a second time and decided to stay IN town. After having experienced the chicken drop and meeting the owners, my wife and i decided to give Spindrift a chance. The rooms were a little small, but we were not planning on living in them, just sleeping and storing our clothes. I have to say,this location is perfect if you want to enjoy all of the sights and sounds of PedroTownl. Easy walking disance to EVERYTHING.

Don't miss the following weekly events
Wednesday night is ladies night
Thursday night is the chicken drop....right downstairs which is convenient.

This is definitely an adult location. Right above a bar..no distractions for kids (no pool etc).

We just went in April and are booking our return trip in Novemeber. GOTTA LOVE BELIZE.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have stayed here off and on for years. It's right in the middle of town, close to everything you want to be close to and has a great bar downstairs, Wahoo's Lounge. Home of the famous chicken drop! A must see when you're there. The staff is friendly and the place is clean. It isn't the fanciest, but I promise you'll never be in the room anyway. But it's perfect for sleeping and showering...all you'll need. The side of the hotel closest to the park can get a bit loud, but just have a few belekins and you'll be out like a light.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The establishment is clean well situated and the staff is absolutely adorable and helpfull.

Room Tip: Choose the room with ac
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed at the spindrift hotel for an initial 5 nights and really enjoyed the hotel so added on an extra nights stay. Our first impressions were the hotel was clean, right in the centre of San Pedro and all staff were very friendy and helpful. We enjoyed our time at Spindrift, although it was a little noisy, but you are in the middle of town. However our opinions of the hotel have now changed as on the last night when returning to our room we noticed that both my husband and I had money stolen.
The room did not have a safe so we tried to hide some English money that we had been given as a gift as best we could. Mine was stuffed in the bottom of my travel bag, under some clothes, hidden in a hat then in an envelope. I checked and counted the money most nights as I had noticed one evening that my bag had been opened. It was only on the last night that £15 out of the £110 I had was missing. My husband also had £20 taken out of £220, but he had not checked his wallet before getting to the hotel (like me) so it is not a given that money was taken at Spindrift

.I reported the money missing the next day to reception who advised me they would tell the manager the next day and I would be contacted. It is now 2 days later and I have had no contact from the manager after sending 2 emails and the receptionist promising I would be contacted. Instead of any contact before we left I was comfronted by the 3 cleaning staff as they heard the money was missing, this was very uncomftable as I had not made any assumptions or suggestions who had taken the money.
I still wait to hear from the manager but will hold my breath. The amount taken was a small amount and I appreciate we did not have the money in a safe but there was not one in the room. Whoever took the money would have had to really rummage around as both amounts were hidden out of view and the doors and windows were locked at all times.
Make your own mind up about this hotel as up until the money incident I had really enjoyed myself. As I said staff were great, bar was fun and its very central. Personally it's just not worth the risk though of loosing money or other items but it's up to you. If it's happened once it can happen again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Asia2006
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I simply LOVE the Spindrift Hotel! Its is in the heart of San Pedro..This hotel is squeaky clean, and the staff are wonderful!!!! Downstairs is the famous Wahoo Lounge with the popular Chicken Drop!!! And Coconut Leo usually shows up to show his expertise of climbing coconut trees....(think gymnastics).. Hoping to bring my Grandson's there in the future...The views are spectacular from either the ocean side rooms or the common verandahs..Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Any room is good .If you take an ocean view you can watch the hub bub from your balcony..If you tak...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2011

The Spindrift was a great place to stay, in the center of San Pedro and right on the beach! It had been recommended to me by a friend and I was very happy with my stay there. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Two of the three nights I stayed there was music playing into the early hours - but that's all part of the ambience! If you want a quiet, secluded beachfront stay, then you may need to look elsewhere, but if you like being close to the center of things, look no further.

Room Tip: Watch the sun rise over the Caribbean Sea from a beachfront room!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My boyfriend and our friend and I shared a room for 2 nights at the end of our vacation. It came with a balcony, 2 beds, bathroom, tv and ice tray. It was all we needed to make a great stay.

There is an area to lay out with big soft chairs overlooking the water and the bar downstairs offers $3 us drafts. They also host the patented chicken drop.

It was right in the middle of the town and close to all the bars. From the air strip it is about a 10 minute walk and to get to the more resorty part of the island about a 20 minute walk.

• Stayed: November 2011