We stayed at Mata Rocks last Apr (of 07) on our 7th trip back to Belize. Our rooms were lovely and so was this teeny little resort. We actually quite enjoyed the size as it was easy to meet people and relax at the same time.
The downside-the manager of the resort took a liking to us (us and another couple that we came with) and came to meet us at a bar we were also meeting more friends (not staying at Mata Rocks) at. The manager of Mata Rocks-we are guessing he had too much to drink-actually got in the face of another friend (a female) in an attempt to fight? her and called her one of the worst names you could ever call a female. We actually had to step in and intervene. So awkward and stupid.
Next we got to meet the owners. Wow-she was nice-(that was a joke). When she wasn't giving us the evil eye-she actually had the nerve to sit up at the bar and "whisper" about us. This was one of the most ridicules situations I have ever seen. We wont be back-which is a shame because the resort (minus the staff) was so lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro