We just spent four days at this resort right on the beach. As others have said, it is a small resort, but the rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean, and quiet.
The air conditioning works great, the kitchen was handy to have, and the bathroom was spacious. Our upstairs room had a balcony and a beautiful view of endless sea. We enjoyed spending a couple of afternoons relaxing in the beach bar. It took the sting out of having to contend with e-mail when we could sip margaritas and enjoy the sea breeze at the same time.
It is about a 1/2 hour walk into town, but there are stores within a block or two. We didn't rent a golf cart. We relied on cabs instead, which cost $5 US each way. For excursions, the tour boat picked us up at the dock.
One of the benefits of a small resort like this is that you interact with the same staff members most of the time. They were very friendly and helpful here. One of them helped me choose and buy a beautiful embroidery from an itinerant vendor walking down the beach. When one of our excursions fell through a staff member at the bar was right there with ideas for an alternate plan. One of our purchases was lost in our room, and we didn't realize until we got home that we'd left it. At our request, the staff kept a lookout for it, and after a couple of days they found it had fallen behind the sofa. The carved mask is now on its way home, and we are grateful and glad that we stayed here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro