We stayed in San Ignacio at Table Rock for 3 days to see all the jungle sights, then booked Mata Rocks for our beach stay since we had been there 5 years ago and loved it! I had requested a queen size room, since the last time we had been in 1 with 2 doubles and they surprised us with a 2nd floor suite! It was really nice with the balcony and the full kitchen, like a little apartment-I could imagine living there no problem, especially with that view! The ceilings are very tall on the second floor, and the A/C is high on the wall-with a remote control. We had a nice TV, couch, and a shower stall bath. The bed was really comfortable. This room would be really great for a week's stay and you could cook breakfast-too many great restaurants to cook lunch or dinner! We had the continental breakfast at the resort and then went to our favorite restaurants at night! It was nice to hang out with Sherilyn and Griselda at the bar again. There was a large family group there and most of the excursions filled up fast, so we didn't get to go snorkling this time except our in front of the resort-they are making an artificial reef there now with sandbags, but there is not much to see-be sure to book the snorkel trips as soon as you get there. We did them last time and they are all great! We got a golf cart 1 day (Sherilyn had to teach us how to drive it) and went to the south end of the island, which is beautiful. Robyn's Chicken wasn't open when we went by a couple of times, I think because it was on the weekend and they were working on the cobblestone road. The bridge was closed for repairs to the north side of the island, but we had fun tooling around San Pedro and eating. We forgot to get our welcome drinks, so they made them goodbye drinks. The beach and pool were wonderful, no trouble getting loungers or drinks! It was over far too quickly but we had a great time once again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro