We really liked Mata Rocks, where we stayed for the second half of our honeymoon. Granted, we had come from 4 days inland--where we stayed in much more rustic accommodations--but were really happy with our stay over the next 4 nights. We loved our balcony and ocean view. The AC worked like a dream and was refreshing! The bed was comfy and the housekeeping was perfect. We also appreciated the programmable safe which helped us feel secure leaving valuables in our room. Of course, the bar and pool were fun too! I did a good amount of research prior to choosing this hotel and felt like it was the best deal for the amenities we cared about. We rented a golf cart for a few days which made exploring the island an adventure. I do agree with some other reviewers that the continental breakfast is kind of worthless. I could have made do with it (and some yogurt I purchased) for breakfast, but hubby needed more protein--but who cares when there are tons of good places to eat? The staff were helpful and kind to us. People complaining about poor swimming from the beach are making an unfair criticism. There really isn't good beach swimming ANYWHERE on the island because of the sea grass. It is not the fault of the hotel. Like many other establishments, staff keep the beach clean and are generally maintaining a tidy place. We recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro