My wife and I stayed at Mata Rocks for 4 nights in July. Rooms are very nice.....we stayed in a regular room, not a suite. Refrig, Microwave, TV with Cable, Coffee Maker. Pretty low water pressure was about the only room complaint I could think of. The property is very nice. Note that it is a mile to town....they have free bikes to borrow but we usually walked into town for dinner. It was a nice 30 minute stroll to start and finish the night.
The beach bar is really cool. Some locals would stop by as well which made it all the better. Staff were efficient and friendly. It is a small place, but that was what we wanted.
Tours can be book right at the desk or bar and while it may have cost a few bucks more than in town, it was so easy that it was worth the slight premium. Boats pull right up at the Mata Rock dock to pick you up! Highly recommend the all-day cat trip with a bbq lunch with the resort's tour provider....Searious. For 65 US is was a bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro