This is the fourth time I've stayed at Mata Rocks Resort, and each time I seem to enjoy it more! The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and the owners are on-site -- a rarity these days! They too are friendly and approachable. Everyone there seems eager that visitors enjoy their stay. The staff has arranged snorkelling trips and trips to the mainland -- to the zoo (highly recommended!) and Laminai and Marumba.
There are complimentary bikes available at the hotel, but I enjoy the peaceful walk along the beach into town. After a delicious dinner (followed by key lime pie) it is only a few minutes by taxi back to Mata Rocks for a lounge on the beach to watch the night sky and look for falling stars.
As a solo female traveller, I have never felt safer or more cared for while on vacation. I will definitely continue returning to Mata Rocks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro