Matarocks was what we expected. I had done my research online prior to booking. We were looking for a clean inexpensive room. We usually do not 'upgrade' to ocean view but it was only $10 more per night to get the second floor with the balcony so we did it and it was nice. I was also prepared for the beach 'situation'. It is not just Matarocks, it is everywhere along the ocean with a slight exception with Ramon's. Matarocks does just as good a job as anyone cleaning the beach- I feel bad for the guys who are cleaning it because it is such an endless job. It seemed like they cleaned the beach twice a day.
The room was clean and small but that is what we were looking for although it did not have a dresser (not that we had a ton of clothes but a couple of drawers would have been nice).
The staff (which mainly consists of a bartender/ manager/ trip booker/ concierge/ etc was very helpful and went out of there way to help if you needed anything. They would help with restaurant recommendations as well. I would stay there again but the only thing that would have been nice would to be a little closer to town. My wife and I certainly don't mind getting excercise (we prefer to walk or bike instead of a cab). It's not a bad walk into town, but if we went into town for breakfast, walk around for a bit, head back to the hotel for an hour or two, it didn't make sense to get right back on the bikes and ride into town again for lunch. There are restaurants close by but we like to sample different places.
If we return to the island we might check out 'Changes in Lattitudes' a small bed and breakfast on the beach and it sounded like rooms were about $100 per night. It is about a 2-5 minute walk into town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro