We recently returned from a 9 day stay at Mata Rocks and couldn't have been happier. We were in an upstairs ocean view room so we could leave the sliding door open and listen to the sound of the waves. All the units have AC but we only used ours twice for a few minutes when the place had been closed up all day, otherwise we never needed it. There is a very nice sized frig and plenty of space- loved the balcony. We were certainly expecting something much smaller and were really pleased we'd chosen to stay here. We did walk into town every day, it's an easy walk along the beach and the onshore breeze makes it much more pleasant than being inland. There is a very large staff for such an intimate hotel ( 9 people) who seemed to be working ceaslessly to keep everything nice. I know some have complained about the seagrass. It's really not a problem, they clean the beach every single day, and the grass is soft enough to walk on (trust me, where we live, we have SeaWeed- with it's zillion flies, I'd trade for wispy seagrass any day!) We arranged to go snorkeling 4 times and also a trip to Tikal that the hotel set up for us, they couldn't have been nicer. You could stay closer to town- but I liked the peacefulness with the easy stroll on the beach when we did want to shop. I would recommend this place to anyone, and we did meet some people who had the misfortune to book at the north end of Ambergris. They couldn't wait to relocate as it's very sparsely populated there and they were horribly bitten by mosquitos, whereas we never had a single bite. For ambiance and location- Mata Rocks was perfect for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro