“Friendly, Clean and Convenient”

Caribbean Villas Hotel
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Idaho Springs, CO
“Friendly, Clean and Convenient”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed at Caribbean Villas last week for five days. I was in Villa #10 which is a standard room and it was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the AC worked very well. Luis and Lily at the front desk attended to my every need. Tony and Luis provided a friendly atmosphere at Catamaran Beach Bar. It is a great location just south of town with a dock for easy pick up for trips. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My husband and I came here twice one time for a week and once for four days and found this to be a great place we've been on both sides of the island and have done lots of travel in the Caribbean and found them to be one of the friendliest and cozy resort. The food is reasonably priced but amazing everything on the menu. Louis and the other staff make you feel comfortable like you've come back to seeing friends. The owners are down to earth and great people to be around. And have done an awesome job with their resort. The rooms are cozy and clean the beds weren't hard and what better an oceanfront view steps away from every room and wifi all around. This is a great place to go and I will certainly be going back as soon as we can.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jessicca73
Millersburg, Ohio
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This was my second time back to Caribbean Villas and it is our family favorite, I've sold my siblings on the Villas as well. It was the first time for my wife so I really enjoyed introducing her to such a beautiful place! We actually celebrated our first anniversary there! I lived in Belize 2 years and through that I've been to San Pedro many of times. I think Caribbean Villas is the best place to stay for the best price.Just out of town but secluded in their lovely bird sanctuary. Beautiful setting! My wife and I loved grabbing bikes at the front office and biking around town, it's the fastest way to get around. Browsing shops, buying groceries, fresh fruit... yum! Oh and if you ever meet up with the gentleman selling homemade coconut fudge you will definitely want to buy a piece or two or three. At the Villas we loved just being able to kick back, relax and enjoy the Caribbean. We loved the lunch served there at the Catamaran Bar. The fish and chips, and Stew chicken were delicious. For supper I would recommend Rico's just a short walk down the beach or for a nice date with your wife I would recommend Victorian House. I hope to return again soon! Thank you Caribbean Villas!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Elmhurst, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had a wonderful vacation in San Pedro and am so happy we chose Caribbean Villas! We went in September...before the big tourist season started up and we were the only guests at the Villa! They treated us like royalty! The Catamaran Bar (Tony, our bartender) was awesome! Easy to get around (golf carts) and the snorkeling excursion was the best thing we did. The Blue Water Grill is we here we had our BEST meal and the bartender (Ruben) was terrific! Do what the local do! Oh, don't forget the bar "The Roadkill" on Wednesday they have karaoke and Thursday's at "Wahoo" for the Chicken Drop!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Steger, Illinois
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I spent my 60th birthday in Belize. Spent the end of the trip in San Pedro and I am glad I chose Caribbean Villas! Very clean and friendly. We had room 2, it was small but big enough! Wonderful beach location and great swimming off the end of the pier! The Catamaran Bar was great and had a couple of great breakfasts there. Next time I will be sure to be there for the Sunday bar b que! Champagne and flowers were a nice touch for my birthday! Met one of the owners on the pier and she was very nice and very concerned about guest comfort! Golf cart delivery and pick up in San Pedro is great! Used hotel recommended/arranged Seaduced for a snorkeling trip and it was super, Elito was a great guide! I fell in love with San Pedro and will definitely return! I definitely recommend Caribbean Villas...best deal on the beach!! Thanks for a great experience!

Room Tip: They all look good to me!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Columbus, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was our second stay at Caribbean Villas and we loved it even more than our first trip. There were 4 adults and 2 children n our room, # 6. Plenty of room and it was kept clean each day. We love it as it feels like "old Belize" to us. We have stayed in newer condos that are more modern and upscale, but we love the south end of the island, we love Tony & Luis at the Catamaran Bar and just hanging out there. The addition of the breakfast and lunch was a wonderful surprise. If they had meals in the evening I would never have left the grounds. We have been coming to San Pedro since 1990 and have stayed in many condos over the year but the quietness of the area, the friendliness of the owners and employees, make this our favorite. When my mind needs a vacation I close my eyes and order a Belikin from Tony or Luis and see the turquoise waters. The pool is on the smaller size but a great place to sit and just be. The dock in really nice with the swimming and snorkeling area. We were there for Hurricane Ernesto so that took a couple of days out of the fun. Still a new experience and they opened the bar up as soon as possible and we all came out in our raincoats to visit. We even walked in the bird sanctuary during the storm. I don't know that we'll ever stay anywhere else when we go and we return to our San Pedro twice a year. If you are looking for luxurious then it may not be for you, but if you are looking to find the feel of Belize you will find it here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Alvord, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Caribbean Villas Hotel for 5 nights...2 of which we were under a tropical storm warning!..and we have absolutely NO complaints! The staff were very helpful and the room was always clean. The bar on the property was perfect for chilling out and relaxing. Some of the locals stop in at the bar and you can learn a lot about the island by asking questions or just listening to their stories. It is a perfect spot for divers as the dive boats can pick you up at the Hotels dock. It is also where you will be picked up if you go on excursions to the Mayan ruins or Cave-Tubing etc... Great place to let all the troubles of the daily grind fade away. We will be going back!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple