We stayed in room #6, a lofted suite and I must say....WOW....this is like a small apartment for such a low price! The rooms are well equipped with everything you could possibly need including barware, serviceware & the items would expect like dinnerware. There were two window style air conditioners, one in the master bedroom & one upstairs. We tried to not use them as much as possible, since we were there during rainy season there was a very strong seabreeze that made the high humidity tolerable & could sleep just fine most nights without AC-even my AC dependent husband didn't die from the heat. The view from almost all rooms seemed to be great, you can see the ocean & beach from everywhere.
The staff were all wonderful-the front desk staff made check in a breeze, were happily ready to help us with any questions we had about borrowing their bikes, renting the golf carts, where to shop or where to eat on the island. Our housekeeper, Hilda, did a wonderful job on the room cleans & she was so honest, she didn't even take her tip money! On the last day we handed her a $40 BZ & said, "Why wouldn't you take your tips?" She told us she thought it wasn't for her. How often do you hear something like that? In addition, if there were any costs that were extra (e.g. a special drink with breakfast, cost to use golf cart, etc.) the staff were sure to make sure you understood before you purchased. I appreciate their attentiveness to not surprise guests with lots of incidentals at checkout.
Since we had to work our entire vacation, internet connectivity is very important to us. From our room, we had only one outage that happened after midnight. It was reasonably fast & reliable. No complaints here at all.
As far as bugs, I highly recommend bringing insect repellent-the mosquitos on the island can tell you're a visitor & will feast on you if you're not covered. This was not a problem on the beach due to the breeze, but the second you head toward the street or behind the resort buildings, they will seek you out. Save your legs & arms. Inside the rooms, we had some small ants but HEY-THIS IS CENTRAL AMERICA. You're going to see bugs. The rooms have louvre style shutters so the rooms are not going to be hermetically sealed.
For those going on excursions using water taxis, the pier here is great-quick pick ups right at your resort & at night its one of very few that is fully lit up. Very easy to find your way home.
The grounds were very clean & manicured, the staff did a deck redo at the bar during our first day on site-it was done super fast & was very little inconvenience. There was a staff member constantly cleaning the seaweed from the beach.
This could be good or bad, but Caribbean Villas Resort bar is a hangout for locals & ex-pats. They're very friendly & love to chat you up & give advice, but they bring all their dogs along. There were several incessantly barking dogs & 2 that wanted to fight-after hours of this, I didn't want to confront them but wish I had. There are signs on the beach asking pet owners to please pick up after their pets, so I'm wondering if this sign was hung up for these same people? I didn't notice them leaving "presents" anywhere on the beach though.
The breakfast was good-there are two different menus, apparently one during high season includes several choices then during low occupancy there is a egg, sausage/bacon breakfast offered. During our stay, the menu switched halfway through so we got to try everything. Everything was delicious, no complaints on the food at all.
Location is south of town, its an easy bike ride or walk (recommend taking the beach, it takes about half the time if walking) into town. The cheapest grocery store is just to the south of the hotel (purple building-Super Buy) and a fruit stand right outside the entrance. Stock up for cheap eating all week.
All in all, I loved this resort-the staff, the room, the price, the location.....so glad I chose Caribbean Villas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro