My boyfriend and I had never been to Belize and weren't sure what we wanted to do or where we wanted to go, so we only booked 3 nights at Caribbean Villas to begin with. After a couple of days we were enjoying ourselves so much that we decided to just go ahead and see if we could book the rest of our nights at CV. We were bummed to find out they unfortunately did not have all of our nights available. We started looking at neighboring hotels but just didn't see one we liked as much as CV. The beach there was bigger and better maintained than almost all the hotels we saw. We loved the little bar as well as the pool which apparently is brand new. The rooms are certainly not glamorous but were nice enough and the price was right! We enjoyed walking back and forth to town on the beach every night for dinner, it's only about 15 minutes or so. On our 5th day we decided to check again to see if perhaps anyone had canceled and we lucked out and were able to keep our room for the duration of our stay. We were elated!!
The only extremely small problem we had that I would clue other visitors to this hotel in on are the bike rentals. We rented bikes twice and had mechanical issues with 3 different bikes! A flat tire, a loose chain, etc. Fortunately we found people along the way who could fix the problems fairly easily (while we enjoyed drinks at the Palapa bar north of town!). The bikes just aren't really maintained at all, however I noticed around town that it didn't seem like ones from other hotels were in any better shape. You might want to try a bike rental shop in town instead. Everything else at CV made up for this issue and we would stay there again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro