We were very happy with Caribbean Villas. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. They met us at the airport and gave us a quick tour of the town on our way to the hotel and we really appreciated that - our guide (Javier) was both funny and candid.
It's possible to walk to town and we did so both by road and by beach. The beach is a more pleasant way to go. If it's hot, the walk can be kind of tiring, so using one of their bicycles is a nice alternative.
Rico's is a restaurant that's about a 5-minute walk down the beach. The food is good and the atmosphere is splendid, but the prices are high. If you want to have great food at reasonable prices, there are some options. One is to find the pupusa lady - she's located at a stand on one of the streets in town and will cook your pupusas while you wait. They're very tasty and you can get 4 for $5, which was enough for dinner for 2 of us. Even better is a new restaurant called Lazy Croc BBQ. It is located on the north side of the bridge, on the only road, about a 15-minute bike ride after the bridge. They serve American BBQ and it's the best BBQ I've ever had anywhere. The prices are very reasonable. You may not think you'd want to spend your time eating American food in Belize, but after several bland, expensive piles of red beans, rice, and fish, it's a refreshing alternative. I don't know that you could find the place from the beach, so I recommend looking for it on the road.
Other notes: the Caribbean Villa rooms are not new and the bathrooms are showing their age. Still, they were perfectly adequate.
The tap water at CV is drinkable and tastes fine. Other places on the island don't have potable tap water and it's kind of a hassle always using bottled water. I appreciated it that I could brush my teeth without worrying about intestinal diseases.
The grounds at CV are beautiful. The beach is very pretty, too, but there is a lot of sea grass in the water.
The wifi was consistent and reliable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro