I will start with the bad (since it was mostly bad). We stayed at Caribbean with my family (7 people total). We booked the two Pelican Perch Suites, which I believe are meant to be the nicest rooms available. A number of people in our group were very dissatisfied with these rooms. We attempted to leave but were told we could get no money refunded for our early departure so we stayed reluctantly.
Some of the problems we had with the rooms are as follows: screen doors were falling apart (let bugs in night and day) and made us crazy every time we went in or out, kitchen is very outdated and not clean, bathrooms are also very outdated, cramped and dark, there is no water pressure in shower at any time day or night, common room is uncomfortable and lighting is sterile. We requested having our screens fixed and someone came and took a screen away to be repaired and never brought it back.
Some of our other issues were unrelated to the CV and are as follows: the beaches on the island are not nice (although from all of our walking and biking trips I do have to say that CV's beach was one of the nicest. If you are looking for beautiful beaches to stroll do not go to Ambergris. Also I did not realize there would be no surf whatsoever and the the seagrass would be so abundant (this goes for the island as a whole as well).
ON the bright side: we did think the staff was friendly (except the activities guy on site). The beach was one of the nicest on the island (but there were a lot of 'no see ums' and other mosquitos. Also the location is great - just far enough out of town but still easy to get anywhere by walking or biking. The rooms were never really clean (due to age and lack of upkeep) but a very nice cleaning lady came everyday and did her best.
I was happy to be going home - a vacation first for me - I cannot recommend CV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro