Nothing fancy about the Caribbean Villas, but it was clean, comfortable, and affordable and had a location that suited out desire to be away from the touristy party scene, but not too far away from restaurants, stores, and attractions. The walk to the main part of San Pedro was about 15 mins leisure walk on the beach. The hotel's dock is a great place to swing in a hammock and read or get picked up for a scuba or snorkeling excursion. It was nice to have a full kitchen, particularly on those nights we wanted a simple home-cooked meal and were able to pick-up groceries from Ruth's bodega a block away. The rooms all face the ocean and have awesome views, but the decor and interior are a little out dated. The beach is steps away from your front-door. This is the perfect place if you are in a mid-range budget and are looking to relax. One one real complaint is that we had told the concierge that it was very important to us to have a snorkeling trip to the Blue Hole. In response, we were directed to other excursions arranged by the hotel. If we didn't ask around town and arrange our own Blue Hole trip, we would have really missed out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro