Caribe Island Condos
US$337
Mata Rocks Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$125
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$221
  • Pool
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$144
US$415
  • Pool
US$394
US$383
Ramon's Village Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$240
Caye Casa(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$156
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$382
Official Site
All reviewsocean viewperfect locationhome away from homeunittropical
Reviewed 6 April 2006

On my third trip to Ambergris Caye, I chose to stay south. I should have gotten the hint when the only place with rooms open was Caribe Island.
Granted, I didn't have a reservation. I was shown a room, oceanfront and given a price. When I went to check out, I was told that the price I was quoted was for the oceanview. We only stayed 2 nights, then we were able to move to another hotel.
It was the same price, but had much nicer rooms, newer furnishings, and enough staff to handle their business.
Yes, it was quiet--- almost dead, except for some of the condo owners that were there. I talked to one who told me about what Carib Island used to be like, I guess we came too late.
I dove with Amigos, and they were great. I had a trip planned through Tracey, but she didn't tell me when our trip was cancelled, so I missed one morning of diving. Thats when I called my own.
The reviews I have read on this site just don't ring very true, in my opinion. Certainly not a dive place, but certainly not worth a top 10.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank Nancicann
Reviewed 4 April 2006

The condos are adequate and the view is terrific. If you are looking for night life, this is not the place.
Town is a bumpy 3 mile golf cart ride away. Food is sparse on this end of the island unless you want to do the cooking. Joel, the bartender, is the terrific. These condos seem to attract an older crowd, but if that is what you are looking for...

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank TxHornfan
Reviewed 2 April 2006

We have been traveling to Belize for 10 years and have been staying at Caribe Island. We love it there and this year seemed to be even better. The new management and staff was so helpful and professional. They helped plan a trip for us to inland Belize with car rental and a guide. It was a wonderful experience. We enjoyed the continental breakfast and the new bar management. The food and drinks were great. We had an awesome 3 weeks.

• Stayed: February 2006
Reviewed 31 March 2006

We had been to the Caye twice before, We got married at Cap Morgans and that was great for our event (would not stay there again however). We stayed at White Sands the 2nd time and that was nice. But this trip we wanted to see the south end. We felt Caribe took very good care of us. We were there for our 2nd anniversary and they made sure we were taken care of (I can be over the edge at times when I want things just right). Well they made sure my husband and I were happy. They do not have a ever ready food service however, but one does have a kitchen and if you want to be there for a few weeks as we were that did not matter. The bar area is great and Joel is a man to desire. He would alway's in a appropriate manner call me "Bebee" how can I help you. Just a sweet young man. George our taxi man was also the man to go to. He took us out for our big night (Casa Picasso great Martini's) waited on us as we went out for drinks and then on to our big dinner (Rico's on the water). If you are looking for a laid back resort with good people this is the place to go. If you are looking for the Cancun Ritz do not come here. This is what relaxing is all about and being taken care of. Oh I forgot to tell you: we went fishing 1 day and I hosted a fish cook-out with the fish we caught (I do not eat fish but everyone there was looking forward to it). I prep the food and the captain offered to came back that evening to cook for us. He prepared the BBQ with coconut hulks and cooked the whole dinner for all those who attended (about 15 people). And by the way he would not accept a tip for cooking for us because he loved doing what he was doing (we did pay for the fishing trip and did tip him) but he did not have to do this. It was a kind act and right on the beach. It was great. If we return to Belize we would stay at Caribe if they keep up the good work. Joel (my man) Ana and Tracy thank you for all your and accomodating help. Our trip was a hoot. Also thank you for making sure the internet was working so I could communicate with my boy's. All 4 of my boys were worried I could not email and it turned out great that you had cell phones for me to call them. You guys did good.
Regrads, Paul D. & Sheryl A. Croow

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank sacrow
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 March 2006

I have just returned from 6 weeks in Belize. I spent 2 nights at Caribe Island Condos on the advise of BC's bar. I was there about 3 years ago in February. There were many amenities that were missing this trip. My rooms were neat, but the furnishings were not up to the standards of other hotels on the island. (I stayed at 4 other places, including BB and Portofino- both which were beautiful.)
I didn't like that you couldn't get the office to reserve a boat trip. I finally did it myself while I was in town (used Protech--- highly recommend). There are some really nice people who live at Caribe Island Condos, and they were much more helpful and friendly than the office workers.
After my brief stay, I would only recommend this hotel as a last resort, or if deep discounts were given. It is not worth the same price you pay at other hotels.

• Stayed: February 2006