I just finished writing a review for my husband and my last vacation when I realized I had never written one for Corona del Mar - our vacation last summer. The beauty in this hotel/motel does not lie in it's cosmetics, but rather in the staff, location, and dock that allows you to float around with all the sea life. My husband, along with my parents, visited Corona del Mar in June 2013. Upon arrival, we were told they could not find our reservations but put us in a room none the less. I'm assuming they thought we hadn't paid because we were put in possibly the worst room ever, ha! It really is laughable now. Needless to say, I think they found our reservation because we were eventually put into a much more accommodating room on the north side of the hotel. My parents had a great room on the third floor facing the pool - I think they might have won. Anyway, for the price there isn't much to complain about. You get what you pay for. As I said earlier, what made this so special was not the rooms. Who goes to Belize to sit in their room anyway? We took our own floaties and Tervis tumblers (which were filled with the punch) and floated in the ocean, off the dock. The resort is also within walking distance of some great restaurants and if you want to explore the office will help you rent a golf cart - which you should absolutely do.
Overall, we will probably return here sometime in the near future. It is not a 5 star resort but I would rather be on a catamaran, going snorkeling, or floating around with a drink in my hand anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corona Del Mar Hotel & Apartments, your home away from home. A nice beautiful 15 minutes walk along the beach to town. Not too far from town but yet far enough from the hustle and bustle. Enjoy our free rum punch and fruit punch all day long. Once you are here, leave everything to us. We guarantee your vacation of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Corona del Mar Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corona Del Mar Hotel And Apartments
- Corona Del Mar San Pedro
- Corona Del Mar Hotel & Apartments Belize/San Pedro