Corona Del Mar is small and therefore very intimate. The staff at CDM absolutely guarantees my stay there next year.
Ernesto and Marlemi will handle your room booking and your multitude of questions with ease, they'll also happily call and reserve any number of excursions for you. Frank will bless you with his "I'm 110% GOOD" attitude and maybe fry you up some yummy plantains for breakfast! Addy and Mariam will keep your room clean with snowy white sheets and towels, and even chat for a few minutes when they have time. And finally, hotel security, that would be Gilbert, will chat with you about the weather, the island or what it's like where you live when he's making his rounds at night. Take the time to speak with Helen who owns the hotel when she's out with her dog Sunny....she's a lovely lady.
Now for the secondary stuff, (as far as I'm concerned)..... the hotel is well maintained, clean and very comfortable. I stayed in one of the lagoon facing rooms and was quite happy since the hotel is on the beach anyway. Every morning when the staff arrives they get the coffee brewing right away for breakfast at 7AM on the patio facing the ocean. Shortly thereafter they begin to bring out boiled eggs, fresh fruit, (watermelon, papaya, pineapple, oranges and delicious bananas from a tree on the premises) whole wheat bread for toast with jelly, peanut butter and margarine, along with cinnamon bread and bisquits. This is a great place to meet other people staying at the hotel.
Woody's Wharf, owned by Corona Del Mar is right in front of the hotel. There's a good sized deck at the end of the pier for sunning and swimming. Excursion companies will gladly pick you up right there for your trips. Many interesting local fisherman and guides have their boats docked here and it's fun to talk with them. The beach is clean, raked by Frank every morning and there are plenty of chairs and lounges, including a palapa to get out of the sun.
I happened to use Searious Adventures for my excursions. They do a super job, are very professional and provide a lot of education. Ernesto booked many hotel guests with the sailboat, Rum Punch, and when I spoke with these people they were delighted with their trips, so I would also recommend them.
The hotel is an easy 1/2 mile beach walk to town or you can walk the street side. Highly recommended dining is George's Kitchen on the street side of the hotel, it's convenient and tasty, served up by George and Maria. His grilled shrimp are fantastic. There's a pizza place next to George's called Pepperoni's that's quite good. In town I enjoyed eating at Elvi's Kitchen, Caliente, Jambel, and Wild Mango.
I love Ambergris Caye and can no longer imagine surviving the horrible winters without an escape here. Corona Del Mar has spoiled me...and no frilly, stuffy resort will do. I'll never stay anywhere else again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corona Del Mar Hotel & Apartments, your home away from home. A nice beautiful 15 minutes walk along the beach to town. Not too far from town but yet far enough from the hustle and bustle. Enjoy our free rum punch and fruit punch all day long. Once you are here, leave everything to us. We guarantee your vacation of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Corona del Mar Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corona Del Mar Hotel And Apartments
- Corona Del Mar San Pedro
- Corona Del Mar Hotel & Apartments Belize/San Pedro