We go to San Pedro several times a year and have stayed in various places. We really liked the location of the Blue Tang. It is far enough away from the night clubs that it is quiet at night. It is close enough to everything that a 10 minute walk on the beach gets you to most destinations. It is located on a quiet stretch of beach on the edge of town. Behind the hotel is a local neighborhood. On the weekends, local kids jump off of a neighboring dock, and others play soccer on the adjacent beach. Certainly it is possible to find quieter places, but we love the people of San Pedro and enjoy seeing their kids being kids.
Our room was very clean and comfortable. It had a nice kitchenette and a wonderful whirlpool tub just right for warming up after a long day of diving. Our only complaint was that the bed was a bit squeaky. The linens were clean and the housekeepers were unobtrusive, but thorough. The AC was flawless.
Check in was very efficient and we were met at the San Pedro air strip by the hotel's driver. We left Philadelphia at 6am and were diving that afternoon. What more could you want?
The pool was under construction during our stay, so we did not use it. The roof deck is a great look out, but there is no shade up there at all, so we visited it only briefly to avoid being burned.
Our room did not have a view, but the view from the balcony outside our room was fabulous. The reef breaks about 1/4 mile from shore in front of the property.
There is not bar or restaurant on the property, but several are within a few foot steps of the gate.
Overall, Blue Tang has a great vibe, nice accommodations, and represents a fantastic value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On San Pedro’s north edge, experience a private paradise at Blue Tang Inn, one of the town’s most charming beachfront inns. Fourteen exquisite suites each offer full kitchens and air conditioning. Relax by the private pool or rejoice on the third floor sundeck with inspiring panoramas of the ocean and reef. Set your own schedule for amazing daily activities such as diving & snorkeling, fishing tours, sea kayaking, numerous inland tours and omnipresent romance during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Blue Tang Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Tang Hotel San Pedro
- Blue Tang Inn Belize/San Pedro