Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Blue Tang Inn and in San Pedro in general. There were a few issues, but we didn't really complain about them to the staff so maybe they would have been taken care of if we had.
The Good: We stayed in suite 14. It is upstairs with a "garden view." The view wasn't great, but the room was a nice size, like a studio apartment, with a kitchen and a jacuzzi tub. The hotel is located on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, which was perfect for us. We were able to walk around town with ease and really get a feel for the city. The bed was firm, which I liked but my wife didn't. The front desk staff were great. They helped us book tours, etc. and always were willing to make suggestions and generally help us navigate our vacation.
The Bad: The room didn't smell great at times. We think it was the water / sewer lines and eventually took care of the problem by leaving a small trickle of water running through the tub. Like I mentioned, we didn't complain b/c we only noticed it at night and generally had forgotten about it by the next morning, but it wasn't a pleasant smell! Also, the fridge and freezer smelled like someone had stored fish there, which is entirely possible. It could have used some baking soda or something, but this wasn't a huge deal.
The wireless internet was painfully slow but hey, you are on vacation in paradise and don't need it all that much...
The only other issue we had was minor. they charge you for snorkel gear and use of the kayak. This really shouldn't go in the "bad" section, but is something to be aware of if you stay here.
The okay: the breakfast. It was serviceable. A little fruit and toast is nice in the morning, but is certainly isn't an extravagant spread. If you want a big breakfast walk a few hundred yards down the beach to Lily's. they serve an amazing breakfast at a ridiculously good price.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would consider the Blue Tang again if we wanted to be in the city. if we wanted a quieter retreat we would probably get a hotel on the north end of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On San Pedro’s north edge, experience a private paradise at Blue Tang Inn, one of the town’s most charming beachfront inns. Fourteen exquisite suites each offer full kitchens and air conditioning. Relax by the private pool or rejoice on the third floor sundeck with inspiring panoramas of the ocean and reef. Set your own schedule for amazing daily activities such as diving & snorkeling, fishing tours, sea kayaking, numerous inland tours and omnipresent romance during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Blue Tang Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Tang Hotel San Pedro
- Blue Tang Inn Belize/San Pedro