I must have researched online, at least 30 hotels before deciding on this one ... and I am happy to say that it was good... good for me because its always a risk deciding on the pics you see on the websites.
What I liked the most :
- centrally located ... within walking distance of most restaurants ... although I would recommend renting a Golf Cart for convenience at USD 60 per day
- right on the beach ... you can walk into the water ... unlike other ocean front properties which do not have access to the water
- very nice rooms and AC .. although a bit old ... it was one of the first hotels on San Pedro
- helpful staff ... I would have liked them to be a bit more warm, but they are surely not rude
- excellent restaurant, a bit pricy, but good food
- very good breakfast place right behind ... a takeout joint ... very economical
- very close to the tour operators for snorkelling, diving,
If you like seclusion and a private beach, this is not for you. Then you should look further North or South on the island. The problem with staying far from centre is that you will have to rent a Golf cart or take a cab everytime you want to eat or shop or just feel like you are in a tourist spot ...
We were there during New Year time which is the absolute peak season, yet the rates were reasonable ... they have rooms for 4 people (family) but they insisted on minimum 3 nights stay, which I guess is required if you want to see and experience the place.
Access was very easy as it is right next to the san pedro water taxi terminal. We went ahead to Mexico and took a water taxi to Chetumal from the same place. Very convenient as you have to be there at 7 am.
Overall, very satisfying experience .. I recommend it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first, the original in San Pedro....Holiday Hotel...The most recognized name in San Pedro, Holiday Hotel stands newly renovated while maintaining its colonial charm. It sits directly on a stunning beach, where you can enjoy a relaxing massage through our spa services! As our pampered guest, you'll be able to experience fine dining at our very own Caprice Bar.Grill! All rooms offer a spectacular view of the world's second largest barrier reef! Stay at Holiday Hotel and immerse yourself in all we have to offer! Visit our very own "Celi's Deli" Open 7 days a week from 5:00am to 5:00pm - is situated in front of the hotel, and is the perfect place to find your delicious local treats that can be accompanied with a warm coffee or drink of your choice. To give it a special touch to your breakfast please walk to our restaurant deck to sit down and enjoy your treats while contemplating the mesmerizing Caribbean sea that washes along our shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Hotel Belize/San Pedro