Portofino is the best place I have stayed at, on the island of Ambergris Caye and I consider myself familiar with what it has to offer. My girlfriend and I enjoyed every minute in the Honeymoon Suite………. at the restaurant, bar and pool. The staff is personal and professional, at all times. The Suite is a bed in a large room with a high ceiling and a panoramic view of the ocean and beach while lying in bed. The glass was clear and clean, as was the rest of the room. The room did an excellent job of bringing the natural island environment together with all the comforts and class one would expect from a Honeymoon Suite. Portofino resort is an intimate experience from the conversation at the bar to the pool vibe. Portofino knows what you deserve when on vacation, like a deep pool in a circular design, which works well for privacy, potable water in the rooms, plenty of linens, pillows and towels and each room is separated from the next, no common wall. The amenities are well maintained, no signs posted all over warning of limitation of the facilities. The last important praise I would like to make, to you, is that considering the excellent location of Portofino, there is no foreseeable construction going on around you. Whatever, you are looking forward to on your vacation; Portofino is the place to choose, when visiting the beautiful Ambergris Caye.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portofino Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro