My husband and I stayed here for a week for our honeymoon. We knew this place was going to be great after reading the reviews but had no idea how amazing it really was in person. Like everyone said you are greeted with a cold towel and tropical punch drink that they add rum to (if you want). After traveling all night and most of the afternoon we were in much need of a refreshment and it made us feel really special. The service is impeccable, we truly did not meet one staff member who did not go above and beyond for us. They will help set up any trip and activity you want to do and the dive shop at the end of the pier was the same way. The resort is much smaller which gave it a more intimate feel. It is super clean, they are always out raking the beach and cleaning the pool. Our cabana was #4 and was very comfortable, right next to the restaurant and lobby. The wireless was not working in our room which wasn't a big deal because we wanted to disconnect from reality for awhile. The fresh flowers and hand written notes on leaves left on the bed were a very special touch. We decided to eat our meal in our room one night and they actually brought in a table and chairs for us to eat at. It was a hard adjustment coming back to reality and the trip went by so quickly, we already decided we are saving up to come back someday. San Pedro is a very special place that holds many memories and adventure to last a lifetime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portofino Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro