This property is quiet--perfect for unwinding. Being six miles up from San Pedro by boat means that it is an effort to go off property--you can't really walk to any other restaurants or bars at night. Luckily, the food at the restaurant and drinks at the bar are top notch. What makes this place worth going to is the service, food and ease of arranging activities. Since this was not our first time to Ambergris Caye, we didn't take advantage of everything Roberto of Action Divers located on the pier, offered but he is one of the most accommodating people you will ever find. If you like fishing, ask for Jesse--we caught many more fish than we could consume. The staff anticipates your needs--I happened to mention my interest in birds and before i knew it--a bird guide was in my room. Take advantage of the spa services--especially the facial. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious, but should have a comfortable seating area and better lighting. You should also know that there are no safes in the room. So, while the rooms are not five star but comfortable, the effort the staff puts into this place and their guests makes this a five star property. First time visitors to Belize should know that Portofino puts a great deal of effort into keeping their beach clean and raked as do other properties. But that is not the case with the rest of the island--the trash that washes up on the shores is downright depressing. It is shocking that the Belizean tourism industry has not addressed this problem. Since the property is so small, it could benefit from a few activities that encourage interaction among the guests--like a welcoming happy hour or an owners' reception. Traveling from Belize City to San Pedro on Tropic Air is stress free. The service and staff are really great. You can book directly with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portofino Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro