We just returned from our honeymoon and stayed at Portofino. Words can't describe how wonderful it was there. The resort was beautiful and very clean. Our room was spacious and with a great view of the beach and ocean. We ate at the resort often and really enjoyed the food. Portofino is a great place to go and relax, it is just a boat ride from town if you are looking for some more nightlife. The best thing about Portofino is the people that work there. Rosalie was so personable and down to earth. She organized so many wonderful trips for us and took the time to get to know us. She is amazing. Bertha was also wonderful. I wanted to go to the spa and she wasn't getting an answer on the phone so she sent someone over to book an appointment for me. Raphael was enjoyable to talk to and we even got the chance to hang out with him in town. He is really funny and personable. Then there is Orville who we spent the most time with. He is the other bar tender at Portofino. He is an excellent source of information and a genuinely nice person. He is great to sit at the bar and talk to. I had gotten some sunburn and he cut some aloe off a plant for me. He also remembered that I like to take a coke light to my room when we went up for the night, and one night I had forgotten to order it. He knocked on our door and delivered it to me! My husband and I can't say enough good things about Portofino itself but especially the people we got to know staying there. Customer service is beyond 5 stars. We are already talking about going back and our friends saw our pics and want to come too. Portofino is a quiet place to be able to hang out but there is so many activities you can plan from there and has great snorkeling too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Portofino Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro