“The best resort in Belize”
Review of Seven Seas Resort

Seven Seas Resort
Ranked #32 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I first came across this gem of a hotel in 2005 on my first trip to San Pedro. I was extremely spoilt by this hotel - I now go nowhere else. The Seven Seas Resort is in an ideal location for my holiday - it's right on the way to the beach, which is great, because it means I can walk. However the beach is quite small and often crowded, but, hey, there's the sea, there's the sand, and there's the sun, I can't complain. There is a bar a few doors down, too, which means less than a 2 minute walk to catch all the local nightlife Ambergris Caye has to offer. The Seven Seas Resort has its own pool, rooms fully furnished with kitchens, high speed internet, ACs, and everything an extremely comfortable suite can offer a tourist weary from baking on the beach or visiting the local attractions (for me, the highlight is scuba diving). One year we even had hairdryers included in the room, but this wasn't to be when we went again the next year. The service was excellent, and the staff were helpful and eager to please. I am very quick to recommend this resort when the topic of holidays comes up, and I would sincerely recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel to make their Caribbean holiday, well, great.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed in suite #11 on the top floor with an ocean view. The breeze was great and we only required the air con two times at night. The location is great, located on the beach road, two doors down from Wayos Bar and around the corner from a grocery store and local restaurants. There are lounge chairs out front by the water in white sand. There is also a dock with boats and jet skis owned by another company right there.

We never used the pool. It is located in the back and is very small. There was one large room including a sink, cabinets, refrigerator, stove, t.v., futon sofa, chair, dining table and chairs. This is almost studio style, but there is a separate bedroom and bathroom. The bedroom is very small but works for what you need, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room...we were outside mostly. The bathroom is small but functional and the shower was spacious (you didn't touch the walls or curtain during normal showering). The floors were terracotta. The cupboards were wood and due to the ocean humidity were warped and didn't close quite right. Accommodations are clean, but a little kitch and homey.

The best part of this place is the location and the people who run it. They are very nice and very helpful. We wanted to rent a golf cart, go snorkeling, go diving, make reservations for dinner etc, they did it all graciously. They were all very friendly and very accommodating. We had a great trip!

If you are looking for a great vacation that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for accommodations and has everything you need, it is here.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have more breeze, but heat does rise...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have been coming back here for years. Right on the beach road and away from the center of San Pedro, it is quieter than most places and only two houses away from Wayo's bar, so there is local night life.
The rooms have AC in the bedrooms, and some in the main room. The kitchens have some equipment, but it may be a bit shaky at best, but let the staff know and they will do their best to keep you happy.
Keep an eye on the beach road for the guy with the wheelbarrow full of fresh coconuts, and stop the tamale guy on a bicycle, they are some of the best food on the island.

Room Tip: Upstairs for more breeze.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed at the Seven Seas Resort while on a working holiday in Belize with my husband. As a travel writer, I was reviewing the local attractions and I chose Seven Seas Resort mainly because of the high speed internet on offer, which was necessary for my work. I definitely made the right choice – not only did I benefit from excellent wifi but also excellent service and very comfortable accommodation. Having kitchen facilities was really useful, as due to work I didn't always have the time to go out and eat. On the occasions when I did have free time and wanted to explore, the staff at Seven Seas were always on hand to offer advice and help me and my hubby with booking trips and excursions - usually at a cheaper price than we would have paid had we booked ourselves online! The only downside was that the beach at the front of the hotel was only a small one, but having said this, the ocean views from my suite were to die for so that definitely wouldn’t put me off staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

After searching long and hard for a place to stay when traveling to San Pedro we were finally able to decide to go with the Seven Seas Resort and boy are we glad we did. The resort was very easy to book and their prices are very cheap compared to everything that they have to offer. Upon arrival we were amazed with the view that the balcony provided of the island and we could not wait to be able to get out and explore once the jet lag wore off.

The resort staff is very friendly and it was great that they could speak English in addition to Spanish because my finance and I are not very good with our Spanish – we basically just know what the basic phrases are. But, anyways enough of my rambling I will now move on to what you need to know to help you make your decision – the good and the bad about this hotel.

The Good

The location of this resort is remarkable. I love how they are located in a great spot on the beach because it only took us about 20 minutes walking to reach the main part of the town. I couldn’t imagine if it was farther away because you do not have the option of getting a rental car.

The hotel pays for your taxi which was something unusual for us. Here in the US we have shuttles that take you to some hotels from the airport but if you are going to be taking a taxi you are responsible for paying for that yourself.

The hotel has a 20% discount available for a bunch of different adventures. Once we found out about this we had to go snorkeling and I must say that I was a little nervous about it at first but it was so much fun.

The Bad

All of the rooms are different so make sure that you fully inspect the rooms before settling in. The first room that we were showed was okay but it was just not to our liking. In my opinion it felt a little outdated. However, the staff member had no problem moving us to another room and it was one that we truly enjoyed and was able to sleep in for the entire week we were there.

The beds were not as comfortable as some of the other hotels we have stayed in. However, remember we are from the US so that may be the norm in San Pedro. But, it was not a deal breaker for us because we weren’t sleeping in bed all day so by the time we went to sleep we were out like a light after all of the exploring and such.

Overall, if I were to ever come back I would stay here again. After the renovation is complete I am sure that the hotel will be back up to its usual standards. Luckily, we were able to get one of the rooms that had already been renovated after we switched from the first room. For a little over $100 a night this was a great deal in my book compared to some of the US hotels I have stayed in for that price. Very much looking forward to my next trip to San Pedro so my finance and I can feel as though we are in paradise again!

Room Tip: Make sure you check out your room throughly first before committing to it
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Victoria_H_91
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I just returned from my 3rd stay at the Seven Seas Resort and it was great! My girlfriend and I stayed 10 days in early December. Roberto & Tony set up all of our excursions; snorkle trip, dive trip and Mayan ruins/cave tubing, etc. You get a nice discount on everything the staff sets up for you. They also made some great recommendations for local places to eat that weren't touristy places. We had delicious empanadas from a lady that seemed surprised to see non-locals at her tiny place.
The Seven Seas is one of my favorite places in the Caribbean. It is a family run resort instead of a corporate operation with uncaring staff. The free Wi-Fi worked flawlessly and is one of the fastest systems in the area. In fact, CNN had a news crew staying there covering a story due, in part, to the hi-speed Wi-Fi. They loved the resort, too!
Bill, the owner, is always on-site and available. He's lived on Ambergris Caye for over 25 years. He really knows the area and is really nice to talk to. Helen & Manuela, the housekeeping staff, made sure that the room was kept up as we liked it.
All in all, it was another great vacation and I know we'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walter W
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I always start by saying as a working correspondent for CNN I look for different attributes than tourists on vacation... that said if I'm looking for a wonderful way to enjoy San Pedro, Belize and not bust the bank then Seven Seas is the place.
From the moment we showed up racing to get on the air the staff could not have been more accomodating. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and I say charming. This is not some cookie cutter resort but a genuine one of a kind quiet home away from home with a view that is tough to beat anywhere. Owner Bill Wilkinson takes pride in the place and it shows. If your one of those who like to keep the front door open to feel the breeze and the sound of the waves come in then this is that kind of place. We've already been back twice and will keep looking for any excuse for a third!

Room Tip: Room seven has been freshly updated and is the model for what's to come.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business