“In Love”

Seven Seas Resort
Ranked #36 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
“In Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

1st of all, WE loved this hotel, CHEAP, GREAT people, EXCELLENT location. they are trying to sell time shares now, but we no after the 1hr talk & that was it. Not treated different.Would recommend!!!!

Room Tip: GET ROOM #2. That is it, room 1 would be second choice.
1 Thank Shana2525

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

First of all, this is a motel, not a resort. You access your room from the beach, etc. There are no extra amenities.
It is run down, but not to the point that it is unbearable. The appliances worked and the bed was comfortable.
My main complaint is that the pool is not usable, so you will have to bike or walk to other hotels and/or resorts if you want to be in the water. All the beaches on the east side have the sea grass, so you can't swim at the beach outside of the seven seas. I was jealous of those staying at places where they could swim in a pool or the beach.
Other complaints were that we had cockroaches in the room, only the housekeeping staff were polite and the wifi was touch and go. Once we said we weren't going to buy into the complex, no one spoke to us when we were around. Also, they did not pay for our taxi as the website for the complex states. It wasn't expensive, but it just showed that it wasn't what we thought.
It is a great location so if you are only looking for a bed this might be for you; just be realistic about what you are getting.
I would not stay here again and would not recommend to friends.

4 Thank J_agWa13
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

The professional photo listed on this place does not look like where we stayed at all. Also, there were some pictures of gym but there is no gym. And most of all, this place is NOT a "resort."

We loved the location. It is very closed to downtown but not too close to all those boat traffic so you don't have to smell diesel fumes all the time.

It is very old, tired, not updated at all place. We heard everything that's going on in upstairs bedroom at night and we didn't even have a window in our bedroom. During the day, there were several kids running around while I was laying down in the common area to read/nap. I asked someone at the hotel if the workers lived in the hotel and they said only manager and his family lives there but I don't think that was true. If it was true, I think they run a day care on the side.

What I would say is, if you don't mind staying in less than average kept hotels with less cost, I would suggest Seven Seas. However, you would be over paying if you pay more than 80 USD per night.

Oh, we had several altercations with giant cockroaches...

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank the_orangie
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Overall property met our needs. Kitchenette made it great to cook our meals. Close to dive shop. Awesome views of ocean and dock. Property needs work but you get what you pay for. If you look at what the property will be after renovation, this is going to be the place to stay.

Room Tip: Would recommend #1 or #2 for ground access. No stairs was a bonus. Bedroom A/C's in both units...
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked this hotel through Expedia with the expectation that it would be in the same condition as the photos it has posted on their website. When I arrived, it appeared like the hotel had local residents who were sitting in front of their rooms in shorts and tank tops with the door open to get air in. Local children were running around in and out of the open doors and in the pool. The place is un-kept. Wood piled near the pool against a wall, electrical outlets removed and a filthy pool. The manager refused to show me a room stating that they were full (I stopped in two days prior to my reservation) so I cannot comment on the room condition. The manager also refused to give me a refund when I cancelled. I am also not getting any assistance from Expedia while I was in Belize and also now that I am home. I keep hearing them quote the policy that I needed to cancel prior to January and my reservation was in early March. I would not have canceled if the hotel was in the same prime condition as shown on their website........I've got photos to prove it. Be careful of staying here if you are wanting it to be in as good of condition as your own home. Choose an alternative.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Laura H
Cranston, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

the good: beautiful beach front with views of the reef, friendly daily housekeeping
the bad: heard something large crawling in the wall one night, banged on the wall and it stopped, freaked me out, but went back to sleep after an hour
next time, i would pay more for the same view and no lizards

Room Tip: request an ocean front room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Biloxi, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Working with victor and his staff (Emir. Roberto and Manuela) are the only good part of this place. Since a time share company moved in trying to peddle the future, the current status of the place is horrible. First you are greeted warmly by your own concierge who tells you all the wonderful things, including discounts on carts, etc. then they ask if you will give them 90 minutes and you will get even more (pay cost to taxi to CC, breakfast, etc.) We said we would the next morning. When we got to our first room it was so bad we went down stairs and asked to be moved.The room was not fit for any one to stay in. Mold in the shower, bad flooring, old worn out bed and furniture. They did move us but it was only a slight improvement. We discussed the misleading photos on their web site and that turned out to be the "model" and the time-share company had taken that room for themselves. As soon as we told them we would not buy, all the "gifts" disappeared. They even took our coffee away before we finished drinking it. During the day there were so many people from the time-share company that we didn't feel comfortable laying out or even sitting on our patio so we were constantly gone. It is too bad this once nice place has been allowed to be run down so they can scam people regarding a "future" resort. We had originally booked 3 weeks but due to being uncomfortable with the time share staff and condition of the rooms we left after 1 week.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple