“Heaven on earth”

Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Louisiana
“Heaven on earth”
Reviewed 4 March 2010

This trip to Belize, and the Seven Seas Resort, was wonderful. It is just what we needed.
The staff was great, the rooms clean, the kitchen stocked with all utencils that we needed. We were made to feel at home. Everybody that we came in contact with was very friendly, and helpful, if we needed help. We had a great time, and plan on taking another trip just as soon as possible, and we will make reservations at the Seven Seas Resort. I give the staff a thumbs up.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LouisianaFlylow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
leesville
Reviewed 18 February 2010

After having a very long deployment my husband was able to relax and enjoy the beautiful island. The rooms were spacious and very nice. The service was excellent.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jnvfl
Baton Rouge
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We were close to everything we needed. Convenient to the airport, restaurants etc. The rooms were spacious and the help was very accommodating.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank fourleaf10
Ontario
Reviewed 1 February 2010

My friend and I recently toured Belize.
At $110.00 American dollars a night, the Seven Seas was the most expensive place that we had stayed but certainly not worth the price.
We started at the Conch Shell, and though clean, it was a bit noisy and we decided to move down the beach.
We thought a kitchenette would be a great idea. We viewed a room and thought we would book 2 nights.
When we got to our room the balcony was fun and the view was great but we would not stay there again. Here is why.
The room was not as nice as the one we had viewed. It was really musty and smelled like dissinfectant. The bedroom smelled like the inside of a toilet tank. The bedroom was small and the bed was hard. The loud noise of some machine outside the bedroom would not allow to attempt to open the window to air the mustiness.
I opted for the pull out couch.
It felt sandy and I didn't know it pulled out like a hide a bed until the following night when my friend also choose the pull out couch because of the reasons listed above.
This mattress was more than worn and the pull out bar dug into ones ribs. This was not much of an inconvenience since everytime the fridge kicked in, I would have to get up anyway to relevel it to stop the hideously loud hum and if that wasn't enough......historically, I am not the first choice for bug food but my friend woke up covered in bed bug bites.
The owner though pleasant enough, grossly underestimated our intelligence in knowing the difference between mosquito bites and bed bug bites!
We moved to "the Tides." A much more positive review!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Papillions
Texas
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I recently had the good fortune of '"having" to go to San Pedro for business, and chose to stay at the Seven Seas after much preliminary review of hotels/condos online in the area prior. All i can say is that I can't wait to return...the view from my ocean front, ground floor unit was amazing, service was personal yet extremely professional (the front desk manager had coordinated every detail of my island hop over from the mainland/airport and had my golf cart lined up for me upon arrival...and even picked me up at the local airport!). The room itself was so refreshing - local mahogany hardwood cabinets,doors with well appointed - true island style furnishings....it was great to feel so "far away" yet so comfortable (and with high speed internet available in my room and not in a "business center" was a nice touch). There was always staff on site, so safety was never a concern (not to mention the cleaning staff did a remarkable job...spotless!), even in walking the lovely beach late at night....and in regards to location, it couldn't be better - being just north of San Pedro, it was close to a Pier Bar, grocery store...and with my golf cart (primary mode of transportation in the area) - I could get anywhere I wanted to be in minutes...including the local casino...all in all the true island style of this boutique hotel was quite refreshing...and the massive palm trees lining its ocean side beachfront set it apart from the majority of hotels in the area....plus the tucked away, lushly landscaped lagoon pool made for refreshing late night dips....I can't wait to go back and have already made plans to do so..

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank CMAR991a
Hesperia, CA
Reviewed 21 January 2010

We are frequent traveler to Belize and always end up in San Pedro over Thanksgiving week. For the past several years, we have enjoyed our stay at the Seven Seas Resort. We first went there after some bad experiences in resorts south of town. At the Seven Seas, the staff has always been very friendly and helpfull. They will arrange excursions...even custom made ones. This last trip we had them arrange a guide to take us on a boat around the Island....we fished , snorkled, enjoyed the expert tour information and then we had a wonderfull beach BBQ of the fish & lobster that we caught. This was not a standard commercial tour...it was custom arranged by SS staff just for us...that's what they do!! That personal touch - making their guests feel at home is much appreciated. The rooms are all water facing and very comfortable and clean. If something does go wrong...they are quick to remedy it for you. After treking on the mainland for several days, it is nice to "come home" to the Seven Seas for a hot shower and nice condo accomodation. Yes, the resort is small and a bit older than some of the new condos, but it feels more intimate. Not an all-inclusive, which is what we like about it.. The location is a short walk North of San Pedro Town and we can pick & choose from many restaraunts....not stuck with the same place every night. Or, with the kitchen in our condo, we can dine in. I like the location because it is far enough away from town to be quiet, but not so far that you have to take a taxi (water or land) to get to the heart of the action. The dock in front is simple but nice. If catching a boat, it is right there. I use it to bask in the sun if not using the nice lounge chairs right in front of our room under the palm trees. The pool is a nice secluded one. A bit cold, but refreshing. I would like to have a nice sandy beach rather than the sea wall, but I will sacrafice that for the location and pleasant atmosphere otherwise at the Seven Seas. Never had a bad experience here, and believe me in the past twenty years of visiting Belize and Ambergris Caye, we have been every where and have had a few "lets don't go there again" experiences. Seven Seas has not been one of them. We plan to go back again and again and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a comfortable, reasonably priced place to stay while in San Pedro. It is our favorite relaxation destination.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sglassey
New Braunfels, TX
Reviewed 4 March 2009

My wife and I took a break to play and relax from our busy schedules. We got to do all the above at the Seven Seas. Everything we asked for including an extra room was provided. The service was so good, they even helped us plan our days and even called an outfitter for our snorkel outing. The front desk even made recommendations as to where to go and what to do. Housekeeping came everyday and waited until we were gone unless we insisted they go ahead and do their job. The location was great because it was close to the bridge to go to the North part of the island as well as town. Comfortable walk to anything we wanted to do. I recommend this resort for your next visit.

Blessings,