“Very Nice and Friendly”

Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Very Nice and Friendly”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A group of six of us stayed here in July. We had a four bedroom suite. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and nice. The night guard, Jeff, was awesome. The location is very convenient. The breakfast is very nice as well. The beach is clean and a great view. I will return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Czech first
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I went to stay at this hotel for Easter, which was in March. The room I stayed in was quit comfortable and they have two nice pools. However, the service at the front desk and the service in the restaurant was terrible. Never in my life of going to hotels, have I ever been treated in such a matter. The servers in the restaurant move to slow and act like you are begging them to serve them, that's their duties, other guest walked in after me and got served before, I am not sure if it's because I am not white, or Hispanic they were ignoring me, but that's the feeling I got. And the service at the front desk is terrible. They are not helpful and did not assist me in catching a cab to go catch the boat to go back to Belize City, I had to walk to the street corner and catch my own cab, and when I was checking in, they did not take my bags to my room for me, I had to take them up the stairs by myself.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms by the pool front, you are closer to the pool and all activities.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JustinClass
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My husband and I live in California, and we had our wedding in San Pedro in January. We lucked out by finding the Banana Beach Resort while looking for a block of rooms at a hotel for our family and friends. Shawna Diaz was the manager that coordinated everything for us, and I can't say enough great things about her! It could have been difficult to arrange everything from another country, but Shawna made it easy and seamless.
We had already rented a house for the wedding weekend where most of the festivities would be happening. We started out just wanting a block of rooms, but we ended up also having our rehearsal dinner at their restaurant, and staying there ourselves for almost a week before the wedding. Shawna made setting up the room block really easy, and was always friendly and helpful answering our questions. We started to hear about the great restaurant attached to Banana Beach, and asked about having our rehearsal dinner there. My husband and I decided to stay at the Banana Beach for the week leading up to the wedding, and Shawna arranged a wonderful suite for us. She worked with the chef to create a menu for our rehearsal dinner in advance. Once we finally got to Banana Beach, Shawna was just as great in person as she was over email. Our suite was fantastic - clean, spacious, and comfortable. Banana Beach has a beautiful pool and beach front. The rehearsal dinner was incredible - the food & wine was perfect and the service was excellent. Everyone on the staff was really helpful and friendly. All of our friends and family that stayed at Banana Beach were very happy with their stay.
The only minor negative (not enough to demote a star) was that we were slightly surprised at how far south Banana Beach was from the center of town. But, it's so easy to get around San Pedro, it never ended up being a problem for any of our friends/family.

Room Tip: The kitchen suites are a great deal.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Banana Beach was really nice. We found a great deal on the price. The hotel is slightly aging, but the beds are comfortable, rooms are clean and the pool is refreshing. The service was excellent. The hotel is a slight hike to the town center, but most people rent bikes or golf carts (we really enjoyed renting bikes). We loved how the hotel paid the taxi drivers to and from the dock when we arrrived/departed. The restaurant was pretty pricey, so we actually never ate there. The beaches in San Pedro are very narrow, with no exception at Banana Beach, but there is a decent amount of space to lounge there and it is still beautiful. We had a nice stay there!

ps. Bring bug spray. Not just for BB but for all of San Pedro

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed for our 10th anniversary. Room was spacious and everything worked well. It is starting to show some age, but for $70 per night (shopped hard to find that price) a very nice hotel. It is a couple miles from the main town which is good and bad. Since all the shops and variety of restaurants are in town you do need to go there, but the hotel was very quiet and didn't seem busy like the town (relaxing). The beach area at the hotel is small and doesn't slope into the water, but was clean, shady, and comfortable. The restaurant had good food and great service. Lyonella was always our waitress and was always cheerful and helpful. The pool is beautiful and nice to cool down in. The hotel paid for taxi to and from the water taxi in town, which was a nice perk. The water at the hotel and other items weren't overpriced.

We would have preferred a table in the room instead of a second bed. They had security at night, which was reassuring, even though I think loitering is the main problem. You will be offered drugs on the beach in town, but not at the Banana Beach hotel (thank goodness!).

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are nice to get some view. The ocean view suites do have an awesome view!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just returned from a great stay at Banana Beach. We were a diving party of three and this was perfect to accommodate a couple and our diving friend (and reasonable priced). The staff at the hotel were kind, helpful and attentive. We stayed in room 106A and 107 and our air conditioning unit went out within days of our arrival. However, within minutes, the front staff had someone in our room and they determined the air compressor was the issue. After a fix to the air compressor, we had air back on within the hour. I read other review where this was an issue and we didn't experience any delay in getting our air repaired so I'm not sure why that was reported. Great breakfast, friendly staff and clean accommodations was exactly what we needed for our trip and Banana Beach delivered as advertised.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Nelson
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The rooms were a little small but clean and located very close to the beach. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel is located quite a long walk to town but nice along the beach. Breakfast included was very good. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms easier to access.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple