We spent two weeks on the island volunteering at a local school. We needed a suite with a kitchen and hoped to be right on the beach. We found hotels to be very expensive, especially if they had the space and location we were looking for. We have some friends from the states who live on the island, and they assured us that we would be happy with the location and the price was right. We are glad we listened to them. We had a 3rd floor suite with a kitchen, living room area, a bathroom and a separate bedroom area with a king size bed...and the best part, an awesome balcony that looked right over the water. The resort is older, but it smelled fresh and it was immaculate. Our room was cleaned everyday, from top to bottom. If I left dishes in the sink, they were washed. It was spotless when we arrived back each evening. We did have a few issues with hot water, but we talked to the friendly staff at the front desk and it was resolved immediately. The internet service worked very well! The second week it was slow, but the front desk said it was down and they assured us it would be up and working by evening, and it was. Our microwave didn't work properly and when we returned, there was a brand new one there. The resort was so quiet the entire two weeks of our stay. We only ate once at the restaurant, because we were trying out different establishments, but our Ceviche was the best we had on the island. If you are looking for a resort in a GOOD LOCATION, QUIET, REASONABLY PRICED, and has a FRIENDLY STAFF, who listen to you and work hard to make your stay comfortable, you'll enjoy BANANA BEACH!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro