Hotel grounds are lush with tropical vegetation, two pools and a bar by the beach. The suites were spacious and clean but a little dated. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Hotel is located close to small stores, eateries, fruit stands and a bakery. It has a restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating and a shop for booking excursions and golf carts or bike rentals. San Pedro is only 10 minutes by golf cart, and it's a quaint little town with many local grocery, general merchandise and souvenir stores, restaurants, souvenir stands, and no beggars were ever encountered and no pressures to buy. The only disappointment about the island was that in some cases the beaches were awash with algae and sometimes with garbage. The snorkelling was fantastic, with great sites of corals, plentiful fish including manta rays and (friendly) nurse sharks. We were conveniently picked up and dropped off at the dock right in front of the hotel. If you are a dive enthusiast this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro