My fiance and I stayed at Banana Beach for 9 nights in February 2010. This was our third trip to San Pedro, but first trip to Banana Beach. I would definitely stay here again when we return (and we will!)!
Our room was a large suite, with a full kitchen, 2 beds, and a couch that pulled out. The kitchen was fully equipped with cooking materials, which we used every day. The bed wasn't amazing, but it was more than adequate. A few bugs crawled around our bathroom, but nothing to complain about really. House keeping was fantastic, washing our dishes and leaving fresh towels every day.
The pool is a good size, and very clean. The only downside is the deck slowly loses sun thoughout the day, and after noon only half of the deck receives sun. The beach front chairs were a wonderful alternative. Towards the end of our stay a large group arrived that staked out ALL of the beach chairs early in the morning, and kept them all day, so we mostly stayed by the pool during sun hours, but used the ocean chairs to read or relax with a drink in the evening.
Our room came with free breakfast coupons, which was AMAZING! You had the same options each day, but I looked forward to breakfast each morning. Delicious juice, and yummy yummy belizian breakfast! A huge bonus.
The location was really great. We had never explored the south side of town, and enjoyed trying some of the restaraunts near by. There was a grocery store close by that we walked to each day for water and snacks. We went running and biking all over, and enjoyed the quiet. We both enjoy walking, and didn't mind the stroll into the main part of town whenever we wanted to go out. Its between 1.5 and 2 miles, I think.
Above all the service at Banana Beach is outstanding. Particularly the mid day bar staff by the pool. The bartenders took time to learn our names, where we were from, etc., and talked to us each day. Also made delicious drinks!
I will definitely be staying at banana beach again! I already miss it...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro