All reviews amigos del mar in town central location mins walk away caribbean waters bag of ice floor balcony recommend this hotel to anyone rooms are big third floor the cleaning crew awesome hotel within walking distance living area golf cart large balcony fabulous stay
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My wife and I spent two night at this Hotel. We arrived at this hotel via the San Pedro airport on Tropic Air, and took 5 minute cab to the hotel. It is that close to the airpot. The hotel reimburses the taxi driver for the fare. Our room way tidy and clean and we had a great view of the beach, which is literally below the balcony. The beach itself offer alot of convenience for those that want to arrange diving tour to the surrounding islands of Ambergris, and there enough of them to get a competitive price. We ate at a restaurant called Lily's which was on the beach. It offered a great variety of food for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast comprised of johnny cake and omelettes that were all well made. Dinner was creole cuisine as well as seafood. I would recommend it. The location also offered the convenience of many convenience stores that were stocked with fresh fruit beer and wine, and some very good gift stores where you can buy alot of Belizean trinkets, tshirts etc. There was also a great coffee shop for the coffee lover. My wife and I were also able to take a private water taxi tour of the San Pedro lagoon, where we went bird watching on the secluded islands on our last day. We were also able to take a day excursion by water taxi to Caye Caulker which was very beautiful and idyllic. The only drawback I would say was the strange room doors that had an improvised slot on top of the door that could be opened to the outside. I did not understand what it was for. However I would not have you eliminate the hotel because of this. The bathrooms were rather small but adequate. The over head air conditioner was loud but we got used to it after the first night. The staff were good, polite and cordial.

Room Tip: Third floor at the top, North side
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Denis D
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Right in the center of San Pedro Town, Beachfront with very nice views. Clean and Confortable!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I am usually an easy customer. If a business makes the slightest effort - I'm happy. This was not the case here. The room had a cockroach. I'm sure there was more. The room seemed clean, but if you look just a little... There are huge amounts of dustballs (like on the lamp). Several times I asked the front desk for help and they couldnt be bothered. It was like pulling teeth to get any answers. We would have stayed several night, but moved out after one night!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Patrick216
Reviewed 27 April 2011

This is my second review, from my April trip back home to my counrty Belize. I stayed at mayan Princess 2 days out of my 4 days going back home. What I have to say about this hotel, I was there, so I seen it for myself, it is a wonderful hotel to stay, the staff was so helpful, and we had continental breakfast too, homemade Belizean Johnny Cakes and Creole Buns, fresh fruits, I didnot expect breakfast with my price for the suite for 3 people they were so professional. the hotel suites was spanking clean, and what a beauty you had the caribbean sea in your face every morning you open the big white balcony doors. The hotel location is right down town San Pedro, the hotel is in very safe area, and we feel really safe walking around at night time. "BIG UP TO MAYAN PRINCESS". I will come back and see you soon.

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CarNel613
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We are from Mexico and we live in Playa del Carmen, my girlfriend and I worked in hotels and our point of view is a bit different from a regular traveler, we went to San Pedro by the weekend and we had no reservations in any hotel, by accident we found the Hotel Mayan Princess and the girl who was at the reception was friendly and offered us the room, I was hungry and did not wante to be walking in the street looking for a hotel room, without seeing the room we paid for the night and think to look for a different hotel after dinner, but when we entered to the room we discovered that it had, king size bed, bathtub in the shower, kitchen, living room and what we liked the most was that it had a very large balcony and just by the sea!, each day the cleaning was very good, the reception does not speak much but is nice overall, as Mexicans we speak Spanish and they did their best to respond in Spanish as well, in general the hotel services are good and nice, definitely we will return to this hotel and this time will be with friends!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple