“What a rip-off” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capricorn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Capricorn Resort
Ranked #44 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“What a rip-off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

It amazes me that the other reviews I read here are all "five star". There must be two resorts at the same location with the same name, or somebody is cooking the books. Very over priced (although that was the least of my concerns when I stayed there.) My cabin was a dingy, the bathroom was smelly, lighting was inadequate. The furnishings were "garage sale" junk. The tile job and dry-wall work were amateur, and the décor was as depressing. My off-campus college dorm above a garage was more attractive and comfortable.

The lounge chairs outside were a mess. Nobody would think to cover them, or otherwise keep them clean. The thatch umbrellas had long since developed gaping holes, and the paint on the front porch was ten years overdue.

We visited the apartment that some friends had rented down the beach. It cost far less, and was far more spacious, with a small kitchen, a real outside porch, modern furnishings, etc. It looked like it had been professionally designed and constructed. Ours was like a slum.

I still cannot reconcile my opinion of the accommodations with the “five star” reviews, other than to say that my appraisal is honest, not unexaggerated, and current (2/14/12).

Room Tip: If you doubt my evaluation, ask the person renting the apartment to take a photo of the inside of th...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ray M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Capricorn is a nice and beatiful place to enjoy with the entire family while on vacation. The surrounding is very peaceful and beautiful, the locals around are very friendly, including the staff and the cabanas were very comfortable. After a day of fun filled activities, you can enjoy a nice meal at their restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Capricorn is a great place to relax and enjoy your vacation, we stayed there for a week and had the most peaceful and quiet time, the rooms are in excellent conditions and the staff is like family. Nice beach in front and one of the best restaurants we've been to on the island!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dayna S
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Everything about the Capricorn Resort was wonderful. From the moment we arrived at the airport to our last boat ride in to town. Capricorn is located outside of the hustle and bustle of the town of San Pedro which was exactly what we were looking for. There are two quaint cabanas to rent on the beach for a very reasonable price. We stayed at the King cabana for 10 nights and it was heaven. Staying on site provided us with dinner reservations every night at the amazing restaurant...by far one of the best places to eat on the entire island! We got to know the staff and resident guard dogs very well, which only enhanced our enjoyment. We enjoyed a few days of diving beauiful reefs, but would not recommend the blue hole! We also spent a day touring the mainland (zoo, zip linning & cave tubing). Thank you for making our honeymoon an amazing experience and one to cherish for always...we hope to be back on a future anniversary!

Room Tip: Both cabanas are fabulous...it was great having the King room with direct access and view to the bea...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Just wanted to follow up and tell you that we truly enjoyed and appreciated having our wedding reception/dinner at your place on Thursday 12/01. Even though we were more than 2 hours later than we planned, the appetizers were fresh, waiting for us when we arrived, were plentiful and everyone loved them! They were sooooo happy…after our journey out on the water everyone was very hungry and the food was perfect! You even had a big (and fabulous) vegan salad ready for me – thank you!
Keli, at I DO BELIZE WEDDINGS, had told me that you guys were one of the best on the island and that is exactly what all of our guests said. They raved that was the best meal they had for the whole week they were there.
The location on the beach was perfect and your waiter did a fantastic job!
I want to thank you, also for trying to create a vegan menu for us originally. It worked out well for everyone to order what they wanted from the menu and you guys fixed me a vegan meal.
And, finally, thank you for taking the time to use my decorations and create such a beautiful table.
We couldn’t have asked for it to be better.
Thank you!
Elana Cohen & Howard Richmond

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
High Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

We didn't stay at this property but we did visit the restaurant. WOW is all I can say. Everything we ordered was beyond good. I highly recommend the Stone Crab claws or stuffed grouper. A little bit expensive compared to other places on the island but one of the best meals I've EVER had

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We ate at Carpricorn for our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. The restaurant was outstanding. Everyone working their was cheerful and friendly, the ambiance was beautiful, and everyone loved their food! I had their featured dish which was a stuffed grouper and my husband had the stone crab. It was by far the best service and meals we ate during our week on the island. Our wedding planner highly recommended and I can't say enough about this place. It's beautiful and a perfect place for a romantic dinner, rehearsal or even a wedding.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends