I echo everything that has recently been said in these reviews about Capricorn - we had an amazing time. We made our resort decision in large part based on these reviews so I wanted to give our thoughts:
1. WATER. We did not experience any of the problems will sulfurous water that earlier reviewers wrote about. However, the shower water was a little salty, but manageable.
2. CORAL ROOM #1. We stayed in the Coral room after reading that that was absolutely the best room. Although the room was great and was steps from the water, I think the other 2 rooms were nice as well.
3. COST and LOCATION. The lodging and food seemed expensive but we discovered that everything north of San Pedro is expensive. After doing a lot of research, Capricorn is the best value amongst the nicer resorts north of SP. SP is quite busy (not NYC-busy but similar to a "spring break" kind of place) so if you are looking for a romantic setting I would recommend staying north of SP. I agree with the other reviewer however that the cost can add up taking the water taxi to and from SP, and the walk is pretty far.
4. DIVING. We arranged 2 scuba diving trips through Capricorn which were great! Lots of big animals in the waters near there. At lunch at Capricorn we could see dolphins playing right off the pier.
5. SERVICE. Phenomenal. Good not ask for better.
6. FOOD. Last but not least, the food is AMAZING (but as I mentioned expensive). Everything we had was great - the best breakfast burrito I ever had, traditional chicken and rice for lunch which I ordered several times. I would also recommend this Thai place within walking distance from Capricorn. I was hesitant to try Thai food in Belize but they use local ingredients (e.g. spider crab) and it was one of the most delicious meals we had on our trip full of delicious meals.
- Also Known As:
- Capricorn Hotel San Pedro
- Capricorn Resort San Pedro
- Capricorn Resort Belize/San Pedro