“Amazing getaway!!”
Review of Capricorn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Capricorn Resort
Ranked #44 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing getaway!!”
Reviewed 8 January 2009

I'm a bit late in writing this review... my boyfriend and I spent a long weekend here last July, and it was definitely the most relaxing vacation we have ever taken. We had the resort almost to ourselves, stayed in the cabana closest to the beach, and spent most of our time just lounging next to the water and chatting with the staff. Everyone who works here is so nice and helpful, they make you feel like family. Kit, the owner, is super nice (we share the same name, so it felt like he gave us special attention, but I think he does that for everyone).

Before I go any further I have to talk about the #1 reason why we picked this resort as opposed to the many others along the same beach... the food! It's undoubtedly the best restaurant on the caye! The food is practically beyond description, we literally planned every day according to when we'd eat dinner. Save plenty of room! Portions are large and you won't want to let one bite go to waste. Maggie always tempted me with dessert, but I was only able to do it once. I know my boyfriend would walk back here if he could just have one bite of the food. You won't need to eat anywhere else.

Our cabana was great - views of the water from all windows, some chairs and a hammock on our porch, and a comfy bed. Not that you'll be spending much time inside!

We took out kayaks and bikes from the hotel for some activity. We accidentally lost one of their snorkels when a kayak flipped, but were able to just bike into town and purchase them a new one.

Overall, the experience here was amazing. I've never felt as secluded and relaxed as we did here. Even if the place were packed, it would still be secluded because there are only 3 cabanas!

Would definitely go back! Thank you Kit.

• Liked — The food & seclusion
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston
Reviewed 17 August 2008

My Husband and I took a trip to Belize for our 23 year wedding anniversary. It was so romantic, my husband asked me to marry him again. Needless to say we are going to renew our vows at Capricorn next Valentines day.

When you stay at Capricorn, it's like staying with old friends. The staff is so friendly and attentive. They remember your name, your favorite cocktail, how you like your eggs in the morning, etc. they treat you like family.

The food in the restaurant is amazing. Miss Miguela, the chef of 14 years, has mastered her recipes. We ate in town one night and really missed the ambiance, the service and the food at Capricorn. We had the rest of our meals at Capricorn and they were all amazing. Miss Maggie was our server most of the time and she was consistantly wonderful. For our anniversary dinner Kit set up a special table on the beach for us. The entire dining room is about 15 feet from the ocean but Kit insisted it was no trouble to move a table on the sand.

Clearly the staff reflects the owners Kit & Jenna. They really made us feel special. They met us on the dock (with fresh squeezed rum punch) when we arrived and gave us the rundown on how to most enjoy our time there. There was fresh baked banana bread and a fresh fruit platter in our room.

Kenrick sat down with us and gave us great ideas for trips. We booked 4 trips in 20 minutes with him. The boats picked us up right off their dock & they charged it all to our room so we didn't have to worry about anything.

I'm so excited to go back and create more special memories at Capricorn. We have been on many vacations around the world but I have to say Capricorn is by far my favorite. I will vacation there for many years to come.

• Liked — The housekeeper was invisible. She never knocked on our door.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
california
Reviewed 1 August 2008

This trip was a honeymoon destination that was incredible. The Capricorn Resort is the place to stay. I loved the fact that the capricorn resort was stll a island theme.( not like a big hotel that doesnt feel like you are on a island at all). At the Capricorn you are greeted with a complimentry cocktail and a great warm welcome. The staff are really friendly and always helpful. Once shown to your private cabana, one of the friendly staff members will help you get situated on activities to do on the island.
Dining at the Capricorn is excellent. Some of the best food around. Very friendly cooking staff. Oh yeah, i forgot to tell you, enjoy the food overlooking the water that is only steps away.
Overall, is was the best choice destination for a good price to travel to. Me and my wife really cant wait to go back and MAYBE bring the family with us next time. I would highly recommend the Capricorn Resort.

• Liked — private cabana
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 July 2008

I have traveled to many tropical and urban locations, but I never expected how beautiful Belize was! The people are all so warm and friendly and the location was paradise.. truely!
When traveling to a small Country, you never know what to expect, but this was a perfect location to just get away and enjoy peace. The food was amazing and the entire staff at Capricorn treat you like family! I didn't want to leave!
I enjoyed borrowing a bike from the resort and rode up and down the beach. Some of the neighboring resorts reminded me of America and that was what I was wanting to get away from. Many weddings and wedding parties were staying or eating at Capricorn and I could hear everyone talk about how good everything was and that they would all come back again.
I could only imagine how wonderful another trip would be like and I can guarantee, all my friends know how wonderful Capricorn Resort is and they are all getting the number from me to make their reservations!
I felt very comfortable and my expectations were exceeded! Jose, Clive, Ms. Maggie and the entire staff, including the Owner and his family were just wonderful! Thanks for a great vacation!

• Liked — Environment, location, climate, culture,
  • Disliked — No direct flights to Belize City from LAX.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 8 June 2008

Our experience at Capricorn was not quite what we expected. The location was good and the food was excellent (although pricey as expected)-- try the tostadas at lunch! However, the cabana (#3) was okay, but needed some TLC, repairs and a good shower cleaning. The water in the shower smelled terrible-- something we didn't experience in the Cayo region. The mosquito nets had numerous holes and stains. Our biggest issue was with a 9-hour power outage that occurred.while we there, either due to a storm or political antics of the power company. We had no A/C, no fan, no breeze and no running water (for a few of those hours). Although we knew the outage was out of the resort's control, they didn't have sufficient back-up generators. There was little explanation from the staff and nothing was offered to make up for the inconvenience. Other than that, the staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't feel like we got a good value considering what we paid.

• Liked — location, view, food
  • Disliked — shower
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CindyJV
Nevada
Reviewed 16 April 2008

From the moment we arrived, the Capricorn staff was attentive yet you also feel relaxed. They listen and attend to every need. They also know the island well and are very honest in recommending restaurants and excursions. Their food is great, although when lobster is not in season the menu is a bit limited. They cooked fish we caught to our specifications, and also let us know that if we caught fish that this was an option. They get fair prices for excursions and executed reservations for excursions flawlessly (we were doing things every day, so we really tested their efficiency). The room (Cabana #1, closest to the ocean, one king bed) was very comfortable, and especially since we were constantly kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, swimming, jetskiing, etc, we really appreciated the large shower and ample hanging pegs and clothes hangers for rinsing and hanging our clothes to dry. Housekeeping happens invisibly when you are out, so there is never a knock on the door from housekeeping. They look to see when you have gone to breakfast or out on an excursion and then clean your room. When we relaxed, ordered food or drinks and then would wander off, maybe to the beach or the bar, etc, the food and drinks we ordered always found us without us having to alert the staff as to our every move. They have several kayaks which you can take out on the ocean anytime for free. They also have an arrangement with Captain Morgan resort (2 resorts north) for any of Capricorn's guests to use Captain Morgan's pool area. All in all, I could not have wanted anything more!

• Liked — Attentive friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing, I liked it all
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 16 March 2008

We stayed in the cabana which was about 10 feet from the ocean. The room was simple, cozy and nice but the best thing about this resort is the staff and the food. As soon as you step outside of your cabana there is a restaurant/bar full of friendly staff waiting to tend to whatever you need. Whatever you want, you get. You can tell that the people really enjoy working here. Extremely nice people, which makes the experience so much more pleasurable. We tried out a few other restaurants and this one definitely ranks at the top.

Another nice thing about the Capricorn is it only has 3 cabanas which makes it very private and secluded but with everything you could possibly want. We really enjoyed our stay here and definitely would recommend the cozy atmosphere to any other traveler seeking a nice getaway.

Mark&Maria
Calgary, AB Canada

• Liked — staff, food and private setting
  • Disliked — that we only stayed for 7 days
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple